Re: DM Application for Ervin Hearn

On Monday 14 April 2008 00:25:49 Ervin Hearn III wrote:
> I would like to apply for Debian Maintainer status. Wesley Landaker is my
> sponsor and advocate. My key[1] has been signed by Lukas Geyer.

I do advocate Ervin for Debian Maintainer status. I already advocated him
for the New Maintainer process[1] several years ago. He is both technically
capable, and always a pleasure to work with.

> I am also trying to complete my NM process, but receiving DM status would
> help ease the burden on Wesley with regard to uploading updated versions
> of my packages.

Having been his sponsor for 3 years or so, I can say he is perfectly capable
of being a Debian Maintainer.

I of course don't mind sponsoring his packages, but I think he is currently
a perfect fit for the whole reason why Debian Maintainers was created. =)

[1] https://nm.debian.org/nmstatus.php?email=noltar%40korongil.net

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> <xmpp:wjl@icecavern.net>