AM report for Meike Reichle

Hi,

This is the report for new developer applicant Meike Reichle
<meike@alphascorpii.net>.  I fully recommend to add Meike as Debian
Developer.

Identification & Background
---------------------------

Check with keyid 0x1451095B:

        Key fingerprint = 7DF6 1B35 A6F9 9CF2 9CE1  4520 B93D CA0F 1451 095B
  uid                  Meike Reichle <meike@alphascorpii.net>
  sig!         00D8CD16 2006-05-07  Alexander Schmehl (university) <schmehl@cs.uni-frankfurt.de>
  sig!         90E5CA46 2006-05-22  Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) <faw@debian.org>
  sig!         1880283C 2006-06-10  Anibal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@debian.org>
  sig!         C0143D2D 2007-06-22  Christian Perrier <bubulle@kheops.homeunix.org>
  sig!         B345BDD3 2007-06-23  Neil McGovern <maulkin@halon.org.uk>
  [...]

Sucessfully identified.

Applicant writes:

  My first encounter with GNU/Linux and free software was rather late. I
  didn't have a computer as a child/teenager, probably for pedagogic
  reasons. Well it was worth a try ;) I finally got my hands on a computer
  when I was about seventeen, but it was the "family computer" and
  fumbling with it in any way was very, very forbidden. I bought my first
   own computer when I started studying at the university. It ran windows
  and was a constant source of frustration. My university at this time
  only offered student computer pools with Unix (Solaris) terminals and I
  fell in love with them pretty quickly.

  In my second semester I got a job as student sysad assistant in the
  university's computing centre. From that point on I was practically
  hooked on *nixes and pretty soon asked one of my older colleagues
  whether it was possible to also have that Unix stuff on my computer at
  home. He told me that the "home version" of Unix was called Linux, named
  me a few distros and advised me to just pick one and play around with
  it. A few distro switches later I finally ended up with Debian.

  After using Debian for a little while I decided that I really liked the
  project and didn't only want to be a passive user but that I also wanted
  to be part of the project myself and give back some of the work I
  benefited from. The first point I turned to was the Debian Women
  Project. Mostly since it seemed like a good entry point and was
  explicitly open towards newbies. The step from Debian Women into the
  general Debian Project happened for me in the Summer of 2005 when I
  volunteered to give a talk on the Debian Women Project at the Karlsruhe
  LinuxTag. I also did a few shifts at the Debian booth there and learned
  to know a couple of the German DDs who welcomed me very positively,
  where willing to answer hundreds and hundreds of questions I had
  concerning Debian and its inner workings and very friendly encouraged me
  to contribute to the Debian Project too.

  Ever since then I've been trying to contribute to the project the things
  that I am best at. In the beginning this was mostly PR work, giving
  talks on Debian and Free Software and staffing the Debian booth at
  national and international events, doing user support on irc and mailing
   lists and just very general evangelising where ever possible. I also
  was part of the DebConf6 orga team and have hosted small Debian
  gatherings at my own place here in Hildesheim. Over the years, as I got
  an increasingly deeper knowledge of Debian's technical background I
  started to become more interested in package building and maintenance
  and shifted a part of my activity into that area. I am currently
  maintaining rfdump, a tool to decode RFID tag data and pngphoon an
  xphoon-like tool that creates a png file with the current phase of the
  moon. I have a few more things on my list that I'd like to package, but
  they're not yet all ITP'ed.

  My future plans for Debian are pretty much to keep on doing what I
  already do. That is packaging interesting software and properly
  maintaining my packages, and spreading the word of free software and
  Debian in particular where ever possible by organising Debian booths,
  giving talks and doing press work.

Account Data
------------

Account: meike

Philosophy and Procedures
-------------------------

Meike has shown a good understanding of Debian's Philosophy and Procedures. She
answered all my questions in a good way. She commited to uphold the Social
Contract (and it's part DFSG) and the DMUP in her Debian work.

Tasks and Skills

Meike has shown good technical skills and has demonstrated the required tasks.
She answered all my questions, and provided patches for 3 RC bugs. Her two
packages are in good shape.

Cheers,
Andi
--