Re: Debian Maintainer Application for Andres Mejia

Hi,

Il giorno gio, 06/03/2008 alle 15.19 -0500, Andres Mejia ha scritto:
> I am applying for Debian Maintainer. Federico Di Gregorio is my advocate.

Yes, I'd very like to see Andreas as a Maintainer becase that's exactly
what he has done with the ogre and nividia-cg packages during the last
year. I had very few time and he:

1. cleared almost all pending bugs
2. tracked upstream providing up to date packages
3. splitted and reworked some packages (after discussing that with me)
   to provide better organization and demonstrating he knows all that
   is needed about debian packaging
4. added some features (like proxy support) to my download scripts for
   nvidia-cg

Apart from the fact that I am checking and uploading the packages
Andreas is completely independent in its Debian packaging work so I
don't see why not acknowledge the fact and make him maintainer.

Greetings,
federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         http://people.initd.org/fog
 When people say things are a lot more complicated than that, they