Re: DM Application for Y Giridhar Appaji Nag

Y Giridhar Appaji Nag wrote:
> I would like to apply to be a Debian Maintainer.  I agree with the
> Debian social contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and the Debian
> Machine User Policy.  I have also read other relevant documentation.
>
> Moritz Muehlenhoff (Cc:ed) and I work on the ELinks package set and he
> has agreed to advocate me.

I advocate Giridhars application as DM. A brief summary, please poke
me if you miss anything: (I might be slow to respond due to a lot
of pending security work)

He's diligent in packaging, has a very good understanding of Debian's
packaging practices and the underlying technical base.

His standards of DFSG compliance are high; he spotted a long-standing
DFSG freeness issue in one of the packages he took over (splint).

His interaction with users and upstream is reponsive, productive
and well-mannered.

I also contacted two of his sponsors and they agreed that his work is
of very good quality.

I haven't signed keys with him myself, but several trusted DDs have
signed his key during FOSS.IN.

Cheers,
        Moritz