Re: [D-m-team] Giving people time to react (Re: debian-maintainers_1.17_i386.changes ACCEPTED)

On Jan 29, 2008, at 4:24 AM, Matthew Johnson wrote:

I strongly agree with Christoph. As it is I am of the opinion that it is

too easy to get DM rights (particularly given the number of people who

said 'it ought to take 3 months to become a DD' in response to my

suggestions of NM reform). One of the things which tempers that is the

public way in which DMs are proposed, giving people the opportunity to

review the DM and react.

Can you explain why you and Christoph think it is too easy to get DM rights?

No system is going to result in perfect uploads.  The goal is to balance good uploads versus timely uploads.  If there has really been only one controversial upload by a DM, then that seems like a very good track record in practice.  It would be hard to improve on such a low rate of bad uploads.

Lex