Re: Debian Maintainer status for Kai Hendry

Kai Hendry wrote:
> I've observed DDs leave their laptops (with their keys on them)
> unattended at Debconf. Should they be punished?

Unattended is not ideal; but I saw many notebooks of DDs wich were both
 unattended *and* unlocked at DC6 as well as DC7.

I'm not implying to excuse a mistake by pointing at other mistakes, though.

However.. I'm neither Kais AM nor in any other way related to his NM
application, but I'm working with him close together on a day-to-day
basis. Although Kai has made a mistake previously wrt/ his GPG key, I do
fully trust him to have learned from it and to not repeat such an error.
I'm sure he will value the privileges and responsibilities of a DM/DD
and use/protect and uphold them wisely.

He did not ask me for it, but I do as well support/advocate his DM
application.

Regards,
Daniel