Re: DM application for Ian Beckwith

Ian Beckwith wrote:
> I would like to apply to be a Debian Maintainer.

Ian took the maintainership of netkit-telnet-ssl from me in August 2004.
 In the time since then, he maintained the package, promtly fixed bugs
und I acted as a sponsor for the resulting packages.

Fixing bugs includes maintaining the ssl-patch, since it was specially
crafted for netkit-telnet in Debian. Ian proved the have the necessary
skills in C-programming, especially because the code of netkit-telnet
does not really use good programming style. Debugging this code is
really tricky.

So I think Ian qualifies as a Debian Maintainer. It would be a benefit
for the Debian Project to have him as a Debian Maintainer better even as
a Debian Developper.

Cheers,
	Christoph

PS: I am not currently subscribed to -newmaint.
Please cc me on replies.
Christoph Martin, Leiter der EDV der Verwaltung, Uni-Mainz, Germany
 Internet-Mail:  Christoph.Martin@Verwaltung.Uni-Mainz.DE
  Telefon: +49-6131-3926337
      Fax: +49-6131-3922856