1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

pub   1024D/17063E6D 2000-03-22
uid                  Kees Cook <kees@outflux.net>
sig!         F5C75256 2007-01-19  Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au>
sig!         1880283C 2007-01-28  Anibal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@debian.org>
sig!3        5E0577F2 2006-11-09  Martin Pitt <martin@piware.de>
sig!3        10FA4CD1 2006-11-09  Colin Watson <cjwatson@flatline.org.uk>

"I've been programming since I first got my hands on a Sinclair ZX80.
I studied Computer Science in school, and jumped from DOS directly to
Linux 1.0.  After reading about copyleft, my mind was forever altered.
I suddenly had an understanding why software needed freedom, and it has
basically driven my decisions ever since.

I was a longtime RedHat user, but some time around 2002 RedHat stopped
booting my desktop, which was the last straw, and I switched to Debian,
finally heeding many of my friends' recommendations.  I remained only
peripherally involved in the Debian community, filing the occassional
bug report or sending in a patch or two.  Even now, I tend to try to
work upstream; I have a long history of sending patches to all sorts of
projects (openssh, openssl, wine, mplayer, linux kernel, mythtv, snort,
ettercap).  After I got involved in the Ubuntu community via my
Canonical work, I started to really understand the role of the kind of
work needed to glue a distribution together.

I started (or was passed the torch) for a few small free software
projects and utilities: sendpage, gopchop, Device::SerialPort.  While I
enjoy various kinds of development work in these projects and continue
to send patches to other projects, I seem to thrive most on
security-related things, especially breaking security.  :) In 2006, the
team I was part of won the Capture the Flag hacking contest at DefCon,
an accomplishment I had been trying to achieve since I first started
going to DefCon.  Since getting involved in Ubuntu security work, I've
been coordinating my efforts with the Debian security team."

2. Philosophy and Procedures
----------------------------

Kees understands Debian's philosophy and proc  He agrees with the
Social Contact and the DMUP, has answered questions relating to
philosophy, procedures and tasks/skills.

3. Tasks and Skills

Kees maintains jirc, metar, mp3cd, mythtvfs-fuse and
orbital-eunuchs-sniper, and he's a co-maintainer of
libdevice-serialport-perl.  He's working with the security team, for
example by submitting bug reports and patches.

I recommend to accept Kees as a Debian Developer.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/