AM report for Rudi Cilibrasi <cilibrar@cilibrar.com>

Hello,

here is my report for new developer applicant
Rudi Cilibrasi <cilibrar@cilibrar.com>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with keyid 0xE0CFA8E4:

   ID check passed, key signed by 3 existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh 0xE0CFA8E4

   pub   1024D/E0CFA8E4 2005-07-30
         Key fingerprint = D673 8BC6 BDC1 5043 C21A  6841 36E1 0F4B E0CF A8E4
   uid                  Rudi Cilibrasi <cilibrar@cilibrar.com>
   sig!         969457F0 2005-08-01  Joost van Baal <joostvb@mdcc.cx>
   sig!         3E7B4B73 2005-08-28  Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel@mamane.lu>
   sig!2        94C09C7F 2005-08-08  Peter Palfrader
   sig!3        E0CFA8E4 2005-07-30  Rudi Cilibrasi <cilibrar@cilibrar.com>
   sub   2048g/A9B64644 2005-07-30
   sig!         E0CFA8E4 2005-07-30  Rudi Cilibrasi <cilibrar@cilibrar.com>

   Key is ok
   Check for key expire stuff
   Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
   -----------------

   I have been programming for two and a half decades.  I have always
   believed that programming was more fun when it was shared and so have
   enjoyed watching the term "open source" gain popularity as I learned to
   program.  I have made a few contributions to the open source
   community in the past, most importantly a small fix for the Linux kernel
   networking stack over a decade ago.  I started trying Debian a bit around
   the year 2000.  Soon I realized just how quickly Debian was "snowballing" into
   the first truly scalable and distributed parallel software development and
   quality assurance process ever seen involving more than 1000 active developers
   all working on the "same thing".  Debian was the largest single cohesive piece
   of software that could essentially be automatically rebuilt that has ever been
   made.  It is like the ultimate automatic build-master.

   I knew that I had to contribute to this effort.  More recently, in 2001, I
   realized that Debian was the best distribution and packaging system and that I
   needed to learn how to package things in it.  I am a scientist and felt it was
   essential to package all important scientific software in .deb format.  Four
   years later, I have managed to package all of my major software projects in
   Debian packages.  I have also packaged a few other developer's packages.  You
   can see my packages on the Debian Wiki (under my personal page) or on the net.
   Here's my list of maintained packages:

   complearn-gui
   complearn-mpi
   libcomplearn
   libcomplearn-ruby
   libcsoap
   libgpgme-ruby
   libsvm
   libsvm-ruby

   I am very excited about writing some high quality C, Ruby, and Debian
   open source software in the coming decade and hope that I can join the
   most exciting operating system development team on the planet.

2. Philosophy and Procedures

   Rudi has a good understanding of Debians Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my questions about Social Contract,
   DFSG, BTS etc. in a good way.