AM report for Christine Spang <spang@mit.edu>

Report for new developer applicant Christine Spang <spang@mit.edu>

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with keyid C3DC59FA:
   ID check passed, key signed by three existing developers:
   Matthew Danish
   Noah Meyerhans
   Ari Pollak

   Output from keycheck.sh:
   pub   1024D/521381BA 2005-07-04
         Key fingerprint = FAFB 4E42 053A 8EDB 918E  765F 77BD D7B9 5213 81BA
   uid                  Anne Christine Spang <christine.spang@gmail.com>
   sig!         C24B6010 2005-08-23  Matthew Danish <mrd@debian.org>
   sig!1        11404EC3 2006-04-09  Noah Meyerhans <noahm@csail.mit.edu>
   sig!3        B70E403B 2006-04-08  Ari Pollak <ajp@aripollak.com>

   Key is ok
   Check for key expire stuff
   Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
   My name is Anne Christine Spang, though nobody calls me Anne unless
   they're either attempting to be formal or attempting to get on my
   nerves. I am currently 17 years old, born November 6, 1988, and have
   been using Debian GNU/Linux since around September of 2004.

   My road to becoming a Debian contributor has been an interesting one,
   to say the least. I suppose it began some time ago, with my uncle, who
   is an independent Linux/UNIX consultant. I can vividly recall visiting
   his house years ago with my siblings, playing Mirror Magic and printing
   ASCII banners of our names for fun.

   I did not end up becoming a user myself until much later, however.
   Ultimately, it stemmed from my interest in roleplaying games -- text-
   based MUDs (multi user domains), in my case. I started playing them
   in mid 2003, and eventually ended up getting into the administration
   and management aspects of them, which sparked an interest in Linux
   because of the fact that most MUD servers require it to run, and in
   turn to fiddle with the server code. Though, I did not have my own
   computer until around April of 2004 or so and thus had little choice
   about operating systems until then.

   So, some time after that my brother ended up doing some magic on my
   machine which ended up with, after a nervewracking time of trying to
   fix my old, backupless Windows partition which was rendered unbootable
   for a while, a working Debian installation. Debian was chosen originally
   because it was my uncle's distro of choice, I believe; he gave my brother
   a copy of the potato release on CD at some point, I think. I ended up
   running sarge, though, then the testing distribution.

   At that, I was released with an ancient intro-to-Linux book and not
   much else. I actually didn't start using Debian regularly at the start,
   due to a problem with wireless drivers. No Internet, no fun. Things
   were eventually solved, however, and I had a ball of a time breaking
   things for quite a while, though every time I broke something I had to
   either figure out how to fix it myself or appeal for local help, which
   was quite good motivation to go to all lengths to figure it out myself.
   And thus I learned to RTFM.

   Eventually, I started getting up on this whole RSS thing and I started
   to read Planet Debian, looking on Debian development with curiosity.
   I didn't quite have the motivation to actually get involved, however,
   until I stumbled on a blog entry of Hanna Wallach's concerning the
   Debian Women project. Curious that they seemed very eager to attract
   more women into contributing, I visited the Debian Women website and
   eventually started hanging out on their IRC channel.

   Needless to say, here I am. I joined the shadow packaging team after
   Christian Perrier asked for bug triagers on the d-w mailing list and
   he eventually became my sponsor once I started packaging. I owe him
   a lot for his help and encouragement to apply for NM (he is my
   advocate). I have also learned a lot about the free and open source
   philosophies and what they mean in the big picture.

   I hope to continue promoting team packaging and cooperation where
   appropriate in Debian, as well as hopefully work on improving the
   Debian desktop. I also have an interest in QA work.

   Besides my Debian story, I'll share a few other things about me. I
   will graduate from high school in June this year, and then I'm off
   to the big wide college world. I enjoy reading fantasy and sci-fi
   novels, distance running, and being anti-social^W^W^W and playing
   the French horn and trumpet in a variety of ensembles. Other than
   that, I do semi-normal teenager things.

2. Account Data
---------------
   Account: christine
   Forward-Email: spang@mit.edu

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Christine has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and
   procedures. She answered the questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. He committed to uphold the SC and
   DFSG in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Christine has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   Christine is maintainer of quodlibet-plugins, nautilus-actions and
   gquilt. All packages are in good shape. She also answered the
   questions regarding T&S without problems and provided patches for
   RC bugs.

   I recommend to accept Christine as a Debian Developer.

Best Regards,

Aníbal Monsalve Salazar
--
http://v7w.com/anibal