Re: Application for Debian Maintainer

On 26 November 2007 at 15:02, Manuel Prinz wrote:
| Dirk, thanks for the warm words!
|
| Am Sonntag, den 25.11.2007, 22:07 -0600 schrieb Dirk Eddelbuettel:
| > I believe he has a number of other WNPP / ITPs. He is a graduate student in
| > (IIRC) Bioinformatics, so these have a science bent and some open issues,
| > often with licenses.
|
| Just for the record, I'm not a student anymore. I got my Diploma's
| degree in Bioinformatics a little more than a year ago and work on my
| PhD at the moment.

That's what the adjective 'graduate' in front of student implies :) [
Nitpickers would say that a MA/MSc student is also 'graduate' but in
colloquial terms it means PhD student. At least to me. ;-) ]

| The tools I ITP are tools I use in my everyday work.

And that's why graduate students are perfect for Debian: infinite
time-horizon, dissertation schmissertation ;-)

Tschoe, Dirk (who sort-of submitted and defended on time, but of course only
after the money ran out)