Re: DM advocation for Martin-'Eric Racine

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 06:11:30AM +0000, Kenshi Muto wrote:
> Hi vorlon,
>
> At Sun, 25 Nov 2007 21:44:25 -0800,
> Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > I believe his knowledge about packaging is well enough as Debian
> > > maintainer
> >
> > Can you tell me if you have reason to believe his knowledge of packaging has
> > improved since the time at which bugs #384364 and #409356 were filed?
> > Also, doesn't https://nm.debian.org/nmstatus.php?email=q-funk%40iki.fi show
> > that he hasn't passed T&S?
>
> Hm, I suspect the reason of that he has been still under T&S is not
> technical issue but is a schedule between he and AM.

I'm not sure it's only that, he has quite a history on IRC e.g. of being
aggressive towards people not agreeing with him, refusing to listen to
people, even people usually known for their good and sound technical
judgement.  And I believe the two bugs Steve just showed are typical
examples of this behavior, that isn't acceptable from any kind of
Maintainer.

I would not be thrilled to see him become a DM.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit