AM report for Cyril Brulebois (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from Alexander Sack <asac@debian.org> -----

Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 13:52:34 +0100
From: Alexander Sack <asac@debian.org>
To: da-manager@debian.org, new-maintainer@debian.org
Subject: AM report for Cyril Brulebois

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

sh keycheck.sh 747935DD
Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
Receiving and checking key
gpg: requesting key 747935DD from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
pub   1024D/747935DD 2005-01-10
      Key fingerprint = 33B1 8B87 9281 38D4 E7AE  88FF 7867 D53C 7479 35DD
uid                  Cyril Brulebois <cyril.brulebois@enst-bretagne.fr>
sig!         9DFFAAD4 2007-02-25  Ludovic Brenta <lbrenta@debian.org>
sig!         29499F61 2005-10-15  Sam Hocevar <sam@zoy.org>
sig!         F1BCDB73 2005-10-15  Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>
sig!         8D5F40CB 2005-10-15  Pierre Chifflier <chifflier@inl.fr>
sig!         C0143D2D 2006-02-02  Christian Perrier <bubulle@kheops.homeunix.org>
sig!         A1EE761C 2006-02-03  Pierre Habouzit <pierre.habouzit@polytechnique.edu>
sig!         FB0DFE9B 2006-02-04  Sylvain Le Gall <sylvain.le-gall@polytechnique.org>
sig!         90267086 2006-03-09  Marc Dequ�nes (Duck) <Duck@DuckCorp.org>
sig!         23706F87 2006-09-20  Pierre Machard <pmachard@debian.org>
sig!         1EE5DD34 2006-09-21  Alexis Sukrieh <sukria@sukria.net>
sig!         9B7C328D 2007-02-25  Luk Claes <luk@debian.org>
sig!         023B3F4F 2007-02-26  Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
sig!         AC5F700C 2007-02-26  Julien Cristau <julien.cristau@ens-lyon.org>
sig!         969457F0 2007-02-26  Joost van Baal <joostvb@mdcc.cx>
sig!         800969EF 2007-02-26  Samuel Mimram <samuel.mimram@ens-lyon.org>
sig!         962E3890 2007-02-27  Arjan Oosting <arjanoosting@home.nl>
sig!3        747935DD 2006-09-10  Cyril Brulebois <cyril.brulebois@enst-bretagne.fr>
sig!3        747935DD 2007-01-18  Cyril Brulebois <cyril.brulebois@enst-bretagne.fr>
sig!3        747935DD 2005-01-10  Cyril Brulebois <cyril.brulebois@enst-bretagne.fr>
sig!3        747935DD 2005-01-10  Cyril Brulebois <cyril.brulebois@enst-bretagne.fr>
sig!    PN   AF79D29E 2007-03-02  Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be>
sig!         E1C21845 2007-02-26  Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@kinkhorst.com>
sub   1024g/3832549F 2005-01-10
sig!         747935DD 2006-12-16  Cyril Brulebois <cyril.brulebois@enst-bretagne.fr>

66 signatures not checked due to missing keys
Key is ok
Check for key expire stuff
Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes (Message-ID: <20061214134203.GA30278@evy>):

Well, I was already interested in Free Software in 2000 or so, and tried
Red Hat & Mandrake a bit at that time, then I came to Debian 3 years ago
as user & administrator (local network, in my university). Some friends
of mine (Simon Paillard, Thomas Huriaux) were already involved in the
French localization team, and I stepped in some months later. As of now,
I maintain some translations, and regularly review translations of the
other members of the team, on debian-l10n-french.

(Since that time, I've been using only Free Software, being convinced
and charmed by its quality, its open development model, and the
possibility to step in it easily.)

Then I looked a bit at packaging, which I found very instructive. I
packaged some applications on my own (running apt-ftparchive on
`home-hosted' server), then I decided to ask for a sponsor for some of
them I thought ready for inclusion in Debian. My primary area of
interest in applications is graphics, e.g. Blender, Yafray, Inkscape,
etc. I cought the O: of `ogre' some weeks ago, and I was pinged by the
pkg-games team at that time, because Gonéri thought it would be great to
have it maintained by the Games Team, which made me join that team. Some
time ago, I also made some bug triage for Xfce, tried to reproduce bugs,
do some debugging, etc.

Beside that ``packaging & using'' part, I also found porting
interesting. I first worked a bit on hurd-i386 some months ago, and
produced some patches at that time (I'd mention the mesa one: #358065,
which wasn't trivial and unblocked many dep-waiting packages).
Unfortunately, due to directfb problems, some packages are missing at
the moment, like a recent gtk. In parallel, I looked a bit at
GNU/kFreeBSD in order to have a look at another OS, play with it, etc.
Some applications weren't built on it, like blender and yafray, for
which I sent patches too.

Some time ago, the buildd has to catch up many builds, so I didn't know
which packages could FTBFS, and stopped my porting activities a bit,
concentrating myself on packaging (my own packages) and helping the
pkg-games team (I detected and fixed some FTBFS, pinged buildd admins,
-release, etc.).

I also like to enhance applications, I recently sent a patch to make
epiphany(-browser) a bit more flexible about tab/homepage (#402177) and
to make libxine's esound output plugin aware of remote esound server
(#400138).

In short words: porting + packaging, with some bits of l10n.

2. Account Data
---------------

Preferred account name: kibi
Email address: cyril.brulebois@enst-bretagne.fr

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   [ Part I:
   ]

   Cyril has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. He committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Cyril has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   He is maintainer of graphviz, which he has done a good job to get this
   previously abandoned package in good shape again. Further he maintains
   lots of other which are generally in good shape [1].
   He also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems [2][3],
   provided patches for (RC) bugs and interacted well with bug submitters
   and maintainers during his own and QA bug triage [3]. In addition he is
   involved in upstream development of Epiphany Webkit.

  [1] - http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=cyril.brulebois@enst-bretagne.fr ,
	http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=graphviz
  [2] - Answers to Templates: [
             "Library transition (graphviz) chat log"
  [4] - see various bugmail included in mbox

   I recommend to accept Cyril Brulebois as a Debian Developer. The delay in
   the T&S and AM Report waiting state is only due to my lack of time during
   the period from Aug - Oct 07.

 - Alexander

--
 GPG messages preferred.    |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
 Alexander Sack             | : :' :      The  universal