AM report for Tim Dijkstra <tim@famdijkstra.org>

Report for new developer applicant Tim Dijkstra <tim@famdijkstra.org>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with keyid 7FED549B:
   ID check passed, key signed by 1 existing developer:

   Output from keycheck.sh:
   pub   1024D/7FED549B 2002-10-06
         Key fingerprint = 3CDA 0ACD A97E C017 95A9  0243 951F 892C 7FED 549B
   uid                  Tim Dijkstra (tdykstra) <tim@famdijkstra.org>
   sig!3        0644FAB7 2003-09-12  Bas Zoetekouw <bas@zoetekouw.net>
   sig!3        7FED549B 2002-10-06  Tim Dijkstra (tdykstra) <tim@famdijkstra.org>
   uid                  Drs T.P.T. Dijkstra <tdykstra@nikhef.nl>
   sig!3        0644FAB7 2003-09-12  Bas Zoetekouw <bas@zoetekouw.net>
   sig!3        7FED549B 2002-10-11  Tim Dijkstra (tdykstra) <tim@famdijkstra.org>

   Applicant writes:
   Last June I got my PhD in theoretical physics. I decided not to pursue
   a career in physics, it turned out hard to combine with the life and
   wanted to live next to my job.
   Currently I'm working as a `quant' at a bank. We're analyzing and
   testing models to calculate prices and risks of exotic derivatives.

   My debian and FLOSS work has been focused on a few packages for which
   I'm both package maintainer and (kind of) actively participating in
   upstream development. They're uswsusp, an program to suspend your
   machine, splashy a bootsplash system which I integrated in uswsusp and
   pm-utils, a kind of glue package between hal and uswsusp. I'm still
   maintaining digitaldj, but there haven't been a release in a while and
   it isn't the music-player of choice of many...

2. Account Data
---------------
   Account: tim
   Forward-Email: tim@famdijkstra.org

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Tim has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract, DFSG, BTS,
   etc. in a good way. Tim committed to uphold the SC and DFSG in his
   Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
   Tim has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian. Tim
   is maintainer of, among other packages, several suspend-to-disk-
   related programs. All packages are in good shape. Tim also answered
   my other questions regarding T&S without problems and provided
   patches for RC bugs.

   I recommend to accept Tim as a Debian Developer.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/