NM report for Frank S. Thomas

Hi!

I'm happy to recommend Frank S. Thomas as a Debian Developer.  He
passed ID, T&S and P&P check without any problems and agrees to uphold
the SC and the DMUP.

Frank wrote about himself:

  | My name is Frank Stefan Thomas, I was born in Germany 25 years ago
  | and I'm currently a physics graduate student at the University of
  | Würzburg, Germany. I'm especially intersted in quantum field theories
  | and astrophysics.
  | I had my first computer experiences as a child with a Commodore 64,
  | which I mostly used for playing games and writing small programs,
  | that changed the color of the screen. After a long period where I
  | used Windows on my PC exclusively, I've gained first experiences with
  | GNU and Linux as I installed SuSE 7.0 in late 2000. Since Windows
  | only includes the bare minimum, I was impressed by the huge number of
  | free of charge software that was included in SuSE and that was
  | provided by the free software community. Later as I started to use my
  | GNU/Linux system for programming I realized the importance of copyleft
  | and free (as in free speech) software. Approximately half a year later
  | after the installation of SuSE a good friend of mine installed Debian
  | 2.2 "potato" on my PC. Since then I've decided to stick with, because
  | of its superior and convincing package management system (especially
  | the "apt-get install" magic) and the fact that it was a real free
  | operating system.
  |
  | I want to volunteer my spare time because I want to give back
  | something to the free software community and want to help to make
  | Debian a better operating system, as it is even now. Working for
  | Debian is fun and gives the nice feeling of doing something good.
  | My main areas of interest are distributed computing with BOINC (the
  | successor of the SETI@home platform) and science resp. physics related
  | software. In January 2005 Steffen Moeller and I founded the pkg-boinc
  | Alioth project and since then I'm the primary maintainer of the BOINC
  | packages in Debian. As many others I started with packaging software
  | that was not in the archive, but when I become a DD I probably would
  | like to help out the QA team with maintaining orphaned packages.

Frank currently maintains 7 packages in Debian, all of which are in a
good state, with current versions propagated to testing and no
outstanding RC bugs:
  - boinc                  (team-maintained, sponsored by Christoph Martin)
  - boinc-app-seti         (team-maintained, sponsored by Christoph Martin)
  - curlftpfs              (sponsored by Eduard Bloch)
  - eqonomize              (sponsored by Erik Schanze)
  - euler                  (sponsored by Tony Mancill)
  - kboincspy              (team-maintained, sponsored by Christoph Martin)
  - linux-patch-debianlogo (team-maintained, sponsored by me)
  - orsa                   (team-maintained, sponsored by Christoph Berg)

Best regards,
Bas Zoetekouw.

| Bas Zoetekouw              | Sweet day, so cool, so calm, so bright, |
|----------------------------| The bridall of the earth and skie:      |
| bas@zoetekouw.net          | The dew shall weep thy fall tonight;    |