AM report for Michael Tautschnig

Report for new developer applicant :  Michael Tautschnig <tautschn@model.in.tum.de>

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

Check with keyid 0x76D52AC4

ID Check passed, Key signed by 2 DD's

pub   1024D/76D52AC4 2003-06-03 [expires: 2013-05-31]
      Key fingerprint = 4673 48C8 5F3A 5A9B 2B0D  169E BF1E 9D1F 76D5 2AC4
uid                  Michael Tautschnig <tautschn@in.tum.de>
sig!3        76D52AC4 2006-03-17  Michael Tautschnig <tautschn@in.tum.de>
sig!         9ED101BF 2007-01-11  Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>
uid                  Michael Tautschnig <tautschn@model.in.tum.de>
sig!3        76D52AC4 2006-03-17  Michael Tautschnig <tautschn@in.tum.de>
sig!         9ED101BF 2007-01-11  Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>
uid                  Michael Tautschnig <michael.tautschnig@zt-consulting.com>
sig!3        AC583520 2005-04-01  Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
sig!3        76D52AC4 2003-06-03  Michael Tautschnig <tautschn@in.tum.de>
sig!         9ED101BF 2007-01-11  Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>
sub   1024g/1206F604 2003-06-03 [expires: 2013-05-31]
sig!         76D52AC4 2003-06-03  Michael Tautschnig <tautschn@in.tum.de>
sub   4096R/A46849F0 2004-06-08 [expires: 2009-06-07]
sig!         76D52AC4 2004-06-08  Michael Tautschnig <tautschn@in.tum.de>

8 signatures not checked due to missing keys
Key is ok
Check for key expire stuff
Key has an expiration date of 2013-05-31

   Applicant writes:

* About myself: I'm currently pursuing a Ph.D. at the Technical University of
  Munich, where I finished my Diploma in Computer Science half a year ago. My
  main interests (as also noted on http://www.model.in.tum.de/~tautschn/) are
  around software quality and ways to improve it.
  Furthermore I've gained quite a lot of knowledge in system administration
  (which in turn includes ensuring quality in system administration).
  Some more personal notes: I'm aged 23, was born in Innsbruck/Austria and moved
  to Munich to start the studies.
* My relationship to Debian: I started using Linux (then, SuSE) like seven years
  ago for my dad's company's mailserver and soon a lot more services. In the
  first term of my studies I got to know (and love) Debian and a month later
  Debian was the only system running on my laptop. Soon thereafter I moved my
  servers to Debian Woody and learnt many lessons around maintaining Debian
  systems. A year later I started working as a sysadmin at a chair at the
  university, where I tried to share the knowledge I had previously gained while
  working at some bigger company back in Austria. On the other hand, during
  these years I learnt a lot more about Debian and its inner workings.
* In these years I started the supervision of the Lego Mindstorms course, where
  the brickos and related packages are being used. Unluckily, these packages
  were somewhat broken on architectures other than i386, so they only were in
  unstable. I found this a real pity and Stephen Moraco didn't find the time to
  maintain them in the future, so a few months ago I adopted them and will try
  to get them running properly
  (http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=tautschn@model.in.tum.de). brickos
  itself is still broken, but that will hopefully be fixed in the next two
  weeks.
* My motivation for becoming a DD: It stems from occasions similar to those of
  brickos et al.: A package that I'm using is not so well maintained or even
  orphaned already - I could then take over without demanding the help of
  sponsor everytime. Even more so, I could offer sponsorship for requests
  arriving on debian-mentors or mentors.debian.net.
* Further intended contributions: As said before, I'd offer to help out in the
  NM process once I've gained some more experience as a DD, helping out on
  debian-mentors; furthermore I'd be very interested in QA work!

2. Account Data
---------------

   Account: mt
   Forward-Email: tautschn@model.in.tum.de

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------

   Michael has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. He committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
   Michael has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   He is maintainer of diagnostics and lego mindstorm related packages:
   binutils-h8300-hms, gcc-h8300-hms, brickos and lnpd which are in good
   shape. He also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems,
   provided patches for (RC) bugs and interacted well with bug submitters
   and maintainers during a bug triage.

   I recommend to accept Michael Tautschnig as a Debian Developer.

--
"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups