AM report for Stefano Melchior

by Craig Small <csmall@debian.org>
==================================

My name is Stefano Melchior and I am 32 years old. I graduated in
Mechanical Engineer at the Politecnico of Milan. In 1998, my friend
introduced me to the GNU/Linux world, and it was love at first sigh: it
first was Debian (hamm). Then I had the chance to try RH for about 6
months and something else (Suse). I have currently worked as a Project
Manager and as a Technical Manager for a+Company which sells CRM
and Business Intelligence application for Pharmaceutical Representetives.
Unfortunately my Company doesn't use GNU/Linux, but it helps me to have a
more complete background (it is the only positive point of view I can
find, sorry). I spend my time teaching a basic training about GNU/Linux
at Openlabs (http://www.openlans.it, with "linuxabbestia" nickname),
in Milan: we don't consider ourselves as a LUG, because we are open to
all the open-source world without prejudices. So I am pretty a newbie
also in *BSD.
I also write news for http://www.maximumdebian.org.
I try to help Debian because I believe in its positive message for Open
Source: I started to help translating po-debconfs, then debian-installer
po-debconfs. Then I adopted mc, kernel-patch-debianlogo, aspell-it and I
am currently working on aeromail, debian-doc-italian and, time permitting,
I would like to continue to help Debian.

ID
---
ID key signed by some Debian developers

pub   1024R/D52DF829 2003-08-17
uid                  Stefano Melchior (SteX) <stefano.melchior@openlabs.it>
sig!3        D52DF829 2005-01-20  Stefano Melchior (SteX) <stefano.melchior@openlabs.it>
sig!3        1A686975 2003-11-03  Carlo Contavalli <ccontavalli@commedia.it>
sig!3        D52DF829 2003-12-13  Stefano Melchior (SteX) <stefano.melchior@openlabs.it>
sig!3        EAF19B60 2003-12-13  Emanuele Rocca <ema@debian.org>
sig!3        D52DF829 2003-08-17  Stefano Melchior (SteX) <stefano.melchior@openlabs.it>
uid                  Stefano Melchior (SteX) <debianabbestia@yahoo.it>
sig!3        D52DF829 2003-11-04  Stefano Melchior (SteX) <stefano.melchior@openlabs.it>
sig!3        EAF19B60 2003-12-13  Emanuele Rocca <ema@debian.org>
uid                  Stefano Melchior (SteX) <stefanomelchior@freeweb.org>
sig!3        D52DF829 2003-11-04  Stefano Melchior (SteX) <stefano.melchior@openlabs.it>
sig!3        EAF19B60 2003-12-13  Emanuele Rocca <ema@debian.org>
uid                  Stefano Melchior (SteX) <stefano.melchior@fastwebnet.it>
sig!3        D52DF829 2004-03-14  Stefano Melchior (SteX) <stefano.melchior@openlabs.it>
uid                  Stefano Melchior (SteX) <etinarcadiaego@freeweb.org>
sig!3        D52DF829 2004-01-26  Stefano Melchior (SteX) <stefano.melchior@openlabs.it>
uid                  Stefano Melchior (SteX @ work) <stefano.melchior@dendrite.com>
sig!3        D52DF829 2003-11-13  Stefano Melchior (SteX) <stefano.melchior@openlabs.it>
ID check passed.

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------
Agrees to uphold the Social Contract and the DFSG in their Debian work?
Correctly answered P&P questions.
P&P check passed.

Tasks & Skills
--------------
Maintains sponsored packages mc, kernel-patch-debianlogo, aspell-it
as well as working on other packages, eg UML for the PPC. I checked
them and they look well-built.
Correctly answered the T&S questions.
T&S check passed.

Recommendation

Debian login: stex
Forwarding email: etinarcadiaego@email.it

I Reccomend that Stefano be accepted as a Debian maintainer.

--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au