AM Report for Kevin Glynn <kevin.glynn@gmail.com>

Report for new developer applicant Kevin Glynn <kevin.glynn@gmail.com>

1. Identification & Background
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   Check with KeyId 0x6BE3C423

   ID Check passed, Key signed by 1 existing DD:
      pub   1024D/0EA84A2B 2004-04-29
            Key fingerprint = 917A 0D1F 6785 C087 2A13  4C13 10FA AB98 0EA8 4A2B
      uid                  Kevin Glynn <glynn@info.ucl.ac.be>
      sig!3        6783ED5E 2004-08-19  Frederic Peters <fpeters@entrouvert.com>
      sig!3        0EA84A2B 2004-04-29  Kevin Glynn <glynn@info.ucl.ac.be>
      sub   1024g/A3C11C2A 2004-04-29
      sig!         0EA84A2B 2004-04-29  Kevin Glynn <glynn@info.ucl.ac.be>

      Key is ok
      Check for key expire stuff
      Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
      I have been running Debian GNU/Linux unstable since the end of 1997
      on a variety of servers, workstations, and laptops.  Since that
      time I have been working in research groups at the University of
      Melbourne (static analysis of Haskell programs) and the Université
      catholique de Louvain (development of Oz, peer to peer networking
      library for Mozart/Oz). In this time Debian has been invaluable to
      me, providing up to date and stable versions of nearly all the
      software I rely on for my research.

      At UCL I was / am one of the upstream developers of the Mozart/Oz
      system. When the previous maintainer, Marco Kuhlmann, put the
      Debian Mozart packages up for adoption in 2004 I took them over,
      with the help and encouragement of Pierre Machard, my sponsor.

     So, why do I want to be a DD:

       I want to pay back to Debian for the great help it has given me
       in both my personal and professional life.

       I am really interested in how the Debian project has succeeded
       socially, technically, and politically.  I want to be a part of
       it to help make sure it continues to succeed at all three levels.

       I want to improve Debian's support for the areas I am interested
       in (advanced programming languages, advanced networking /
       distribution models)

   Advocate Says:
      In July 2004, I was doing QA work and I discovered that  mozart  package
      was in bad shape. I saw that upstream provided a Debian package. At that
      time, I sent an email to Kevin  (17  July  2004)[1]  in  order  to  know
      whether he was interested in maintaining this package. Since 2004, I  am
      Kevin's sponsor. Kevin did a regular work on mozart's packaging and  had
      learnt how to work in our project.

      Kevin is interested in becoming a  Debian  maintainer[2].  He  plans  to
      maintain mozart and possibly other packages.

      He did regular work on mozart since July 2004. He reply quickly  to  bug
      repports and emails. Currently, the major issue  of  mozart  is  to  add
      support for amd64. Kevin is already working on the next release.

      Each time I reviewed Kevin packages, I did never found any major  issue.
      I strongly believe that Kevin has the required background  to  become  a
      Debian Developer.

      [1]: http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2004/07/msg00082.html
      [2]: http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2004/07/msg00083.html

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------

   Kevin has a good understanding of Debians Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my Questions about Social Contract,
   DFSG, BTS etc. in a good way.

3. Tasks and Skills

   Kevin is Maintainer of mozart[1], that is in a very good shape.
   All being in stable.

   He also answered my other Questions regarding T&S without problems.

   [1] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=glynn@info.ucl.ac.be

   I recommend strongly to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account:       keving
   Forward-Email: kevin.glynn@gmail.com

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit