AM report for Kevin Coyner

Report for new developer applicant Kevin Coyner <kevin@rustybear.com>

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
  Check with keyid 0x8CE11941:
  ID check passed, key signed by 2 existing developers:

  Applicant writes:
> [...]
  > the other three days allows time for other occupations.  For three or four
  > years now I've maintained a couple of Debian servers for several clients.
  > This is primarily website, database, database and server admin work that I
  > thoroughly enjoy.
  >
  > My education background in summary:  BA in Economics from Lewis & Clark
  > College in Portland, Oregon and a MBA in International Business from the
  > George Washington University in Washington, D.C.  And within the last
  > three or four years numerous computer related courses at the State
  > University of New York.
  >

  > I cannot remember specifically when I came to Linux, but it was probably
  > around 2001.  I started with SuSe and played with Mandrake and Red Hat as
  > well.  Eventually I tried Debian because of apt and was tired of RPM-hell.
  > Once I tried I was hooked.  I only started packaging software for Debian
  > in 2005.
  >
  > I covered the description of myself above.  Let me know if you need more
  > detail.  Like many people, I came to GNU/Linux out of frustration with the
  > MS world.  Too many BSOD's, too much money spent every couple years for OS
  > upgrades and application upgrades, and just general frustration with their
  > product and lack of service.
  >
  > Additionally, when I worked for Morgan Stanley, we used Unix on several
  > trading platforms I used daily.  During those years (1980's and 1990's) I
  > played around on the Unix platform and attempted to learn the A+
  > programming language.
  >
  > So given the Unix exposure and the frustration with MS, it was easy for me
  > to make the move to GNU/Linux.  Once I started using Linux, there was no
  > looking back.  Of course, the transition to Linux had its ups and downs.
  > Installation wasn't always easy, and configuring servers can still be
  > complicated.  But one of the things that made Linux great was the support
  > from the community.  Whenever I got stuck on something, I could always
  > find the answer via a Linux user list (i.e. debian-user) or IRC.  Someone
  > was "always" there to help.
  >
  > It's this great sense of community that makes Linux in general, and Debian
  > in particular, so attractive.  Everyone pitches in and everyone helps
  > anyone who asks.  Over the years I've been primarily on the receiving side
  > of this, so last year I decided to try and give back to the community.  So
  > I started packaging, which I've found to be challenging and interesting.
  > It's rewarding to be part of a community where the product (Debian) is so
  > well regarded and works so well.
  >
  > Going forward I'd like to continue with my packaging and would hope to
  > pick up some additional packages.  I also intend to join the
  > python-modules team although at this time I am not involved in any python
  > related packages.  And since I do website design/construction, I also plan
  > to start helping with Debian website maintenance.

2. Account Data
---------------
  Account: kcoyner
  Forward-Email: kevin on rustybear.com

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
  Kevin has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures and
  answered all my questions about the social contract, DFSG, BTS, etc. in a
  good way.  Kevin committed to uphold the SC and DFSG in his Debian work and
  accepts the DMUP.

   - kodos (sponsored by: malex on debian.org)
   - libphp-phpmailer (sponsored by: daniel on debian.org)
   - nmzmail (sponsored by: roktas on debian.org)
   - photon (sponsored by: daniel on debian.org)
   - pyexcelerator (sponsored by: fpeters on debian.org)
   - rpl (sponsored by: tmancill on debian.org)
   - sitebar (sponsored by: bubulle on debian.org)
   - tnef (sponsored by: tmancill on debian.org)
   - wyrd (sponsored by: eriks on debian.org)
  All packages are in good shape.

  Kevin also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems
  and provided patches for RC bugs.

  I recommend to accept Kevin as a Debian Developer.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw              | GPG key: 0644fab7                     |