AM report for Arnaud Cornet

Report for new developer applicant Arnaud Cornet <arnaud.cornet@gmail.com>:

1. Identification & Background
- ------------------------------
   Check with keyid 0x2225848E
   ID check passed, key signed by 1 existing developers: Marc Dequènes

   Output from keycheck.sh:

   Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
   Receiving and checking key
   gpg: requesting key 2225848E from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
   pub   1024D/2225848E 2003-01-12
        Key fingerprint = EA7D C27F 2742 024D FB1E  8293 B24F 9D80 2225 848E
	uid                  Arnaud Cornet <arnaud.cornet@gmail.com>
	sig!3        2225848E 2006-03-11  Arnaud Cornet <arnaud.cornet@gmail.com>
	uid                  Arnaud Cornet <nohar@t1r.net>
	sig!3        2225848E 2006-11-11  Arnaud Cornet <arnaud.cornet@gmail.com>
	uid                  Arnaud Cornet <nohar@altern.org>
	sig!3        90267086 2004-12-03  Marc Dequènes (Duck) <Duck@DuckCorp.org>
	sig!3        2225848E 2003-01-12  Arnaud Cornet <arnaud.cornet@gmail.com>
	uid                  Arnaud Cornet <arnaud.co@free.fr>
	sig!3        2225848E 2005-02-15  Arnaud Cornet <arnaud.cornet@gmail.com>
	uid       [ revoked] Arnaud Cornet <cornet_a@iie.cnam.fr>
	sig!3        2225848E 2003-01-12  Arnaud Cornet <arnaud.cornet@gmail.com>
	rev!         2225848E 2006-03-11  Arnaud Cornet <arnaud.cornet@gmail.com>
	uid       [ revoked] Arnaud Cornet <nohar@lao.minidns.net>
	sig!3        2225848E 2003-02-24  Arnaud Cornet <arnaud.cornet@gmail.com>
	rev!         2225848E 2006-03-11  Arnaud Cornet <arnaud.cornet@gmail.com>
	uid       [ revoked] Arnaud Cornet <arnaud.cornet@iie.cnam.fr>
	sig!3        2225848E 2003-01-12  Arnaud Cornet <arnaud.cornet@gmail.com>
	rev!         2225848E 2006-03-11  Arnaud Cornet <arnaud.cornet@gmail.com>
	sub   2048g/E1A91A37 2003-01-12
	sig!         2225848E 2003-01-12  Arnaud Cornet <arnaud.cornet@gmail.com>

	12 signatures not checked due to missing keys
	Key is ok
	Check for key expire stuff
	Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:

      I'm a 25 years old system/network consultant. I got intersted in
      computers since the early 90's. I first came to GNU/Linux for
      quality reasons, and because development tools are much easier
      to access. I used slackware, debian and later gentoo before I
      switched to debian completly.  The package quality of sysadmin's
      favorite tools is what convinced me that debian was a
      particulary good distribution among others. Later I got
      interested in licencing issues enough to realize the importance
      of another aspect of what makes debian what it is. Now, It's the
      care given to keep debian free and universal that makes me love
      it.

      I was admin of servers running debian when I was student. I also
      worked at an ISP using debian before beeing a consultant.

      I have been developing a lot in my spare time as a hobby but
      only lately came out something useful for other persons than
      just me. I once started to write a IRC client for KDE called
      kwirc. Loss of interest in graphical clients and KDE made me
      abandon the project which is now dead.  I lately wrote with a
      friend and irc proxy (bip) which is still very alive.

      I contributed to debian by doing packaging work, bip for
      instance. I also packaged ruby libraries in the pkg-ruby-extras
      team.  I have packaged various programs and software libraries
      that I am interessed in, domains ranging from games to security.
      I learned about my favorite OS by doing some packaging, and I
      enjoyed it a lot. Also the feedback I had from DDs I worked with
      and from the BTS convinced me I should invest myself more in
      debian.

      I plan to do more packaging as well as bug fixing. I also intend
      to work with the ruby packaging team to have a policy and
      improve ruby libraries packaging in debian.

2. Account Data
- ---------------
   Account: acornet

3. Philosophy and Procedures
- -----------------------------
   Arnaud has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Arnaud committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
   Arnaud has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   Arnaud is maintainer of webgen, bip (sponsored by Christian Hammers).
   He's done work on bip, nget, and others.
   All packages are in good shape.
   Arnaud also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems
   and provided patches for RC bugs.

5. Recommendation
   I recommend to accept Arnaud as a Debian Developer.