AM Report for Bart Martens <bartm@knars.be>

Report for new developer applicant Bart Martens <bartm@knars.be>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0x6868F41F:

   ID Check passed, Key signed by at least one existing Debian Developer,
   Kurt Roeckx and Peter De Schrijver.

   Output from keycheck.sh 0xCDBDBCE2

    pub   1024D/6868F41F 2005-12-23 [expires: 2007-12-23]
	  Key fingerprint = 1C9E 693C 6BBC 5E43 40AC  CBA3 6CC6 9AC2 6868 F41F
    uid                  Bart Martens <bartm@knars.be>
    sig!3        7244970B 2006-07-08  Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be>
    sig!3        6868F41F 2006-04-15  Bart Martens <bartm@knars.be>
    sig!3        6868F41F 2006-04-22  Bart Martens <bartm@knars.be>
    uid                  Bart Martens <bartm@rootshell.be>
    sig!3        7244970B 2006-07-08  Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be>
    sig!3        6868F41F 2006-04-15  Bart Martens <bartm@knars.be>
    uid                  Bart Martens <bart.martens@advalvas.be>
    sig!         F46EADBB 2006-01-10  Peter De Schrijver (p2) <p2@debian.org>
    sig!3        7244970B 2006-07-08  Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be>
    sig!3        6868F41F 2005-12-23  Bart Martens <bartm@knars.be>
    sig!3        6868F41F 2005-12-23  Bart Martens <bartm@knars.be>
    sub   2048g/A81D2F04 2005-12-23 [expires: 2007-12-23]
    sig!         6868F41F 2005-12-23  Bart Martens <bartm@knars.be>

   Applicant writes:

    > you came to Linux and free software,

    Well, there are multiple motivations to use free software and Linux.
    One is money.  If I want all decent software on Windows legally, then it
    costs me way too much.  There are very good alternatives on Linux for
    free, so why pay? Another motivation is the huge knowledge base in free
    software.  You know, working in the IT business is continuous learning.
    Linux is the best publicly documented operating system I've ever seen
    anywhere.  Lots of information is also applicable to other systems, for
    instance the info on networking.  The moment I started to use Linux, I
    started learning much faster than before.  The freedom to look up things
    from global concepts to the deepest level of detail, is priceless.
    Another motivation is that the best support for software is the freedom
    to fix problems and extend software yourself without being dependent on
    software companies with other priorities then me.

    > and why you want to volunteer
    > your time.

    Because I learn so much from using Linux while contributing to Debian.
    The fun part is that there's still so much more to learn. :-)

2. Philosophy and Procedures
   Bart always demonstrated a very good understanding of Debians Philosphy
   and Procedures and answered all my questions in a good way.