Re: Revoking NM application due to inactivity from Debian

Bart Martens wrote:
> The NM process takes a long time for many applicants.  Still, applicants
> are being accepted.  It seems that the Debian project accepts patient
> applicants for a long term involvement in Debian.

Yes, but most applicants are stalled when being processed by the AM.
There was quite some delay on AM assignment some months ago, because not
enough capacity was available. This has changed now, as far as I could see.

I think it's unreasonable to stall people three months without an
answer, *except* if the plan was not to process ij by means of an AM,
but get direct approval by the DAM. If it was just a simple question of
allowing the applicant through into the process, this is a yes/no
decision, on which the DAMs should have an opinion anyway and thus could
answer in a reasonable timeframe.

> The "trust path" can also be established by adding a few links on the
> Debian webpages to your work at buildd.net.

Actually: no. He can't upload packages built on his machines to the
official archive. And DDs are not allowed to upload packages not built
on machines they or Debian controls.

It's sad that ij went off. buildd.net is indeed quite helpful.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern