AM Report for Dominic Hargreaves

Report for new developer applicant Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0x5178E2A5:

   ID Check passed, Key signed by 12 existing DDs:

pub   1024D/5178E2A5 1999-11-29
      Key fingerprint = 1176 44DF C579 B6DD 3E71  0CB5 633B 8528 5178 E2A5
uid                  Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li>
sig!         DD9B9910 2002-07-06  Philip Hands <phil@hands.com>
sig!         5C6153AD 2002-07-07  Mark Brown <broonie@tardis.ed.ac.uk>
sig!         88C7C1F7 2002-07-07  Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com>
sig!         DF5CE2B4 2002-12-02  Simon Huggins <huggie@blackcatnetworks.co.uk>
sig!         2BE16D01 2003-04-12  Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org>
sig!         F2CF01A8 2003-12-23  Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com>
sig!2        DF81EE83 2002-07-06  Rob Bradford (robster) <robster@debian.org>
sig!2        3501E6C5 2002-08-11  Robert McQueen <robot101@debian.org>
sig!2        8E7C03FF 2004-08-11  Matthew Wilcox <willy@debian.org>
sig!3        DA602822 2003-08-07  Andrew Stribblehill <ads@debian.org>
sig!3        F0B27113 2004-08-09  Patrick Caulfield <patrick@debian.org>
sig!3        EBE31EF5 2004-08-10  Vincent Sanders <vince@kyllikki.org>

152 signatures not checked due to missing keys
Key is ok
Check for key expire stuff
Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:

My interest in Linux is largely as a sysadmin - I have been using
Linux since aroud 1998 and extensively since 2000 as a student. Since
2002 I have been a professional sysadmin in academia, and recently, an
ISP environment. More generally I enjoy the use of free software because
of the empowerment, choice and value it provides compared to
proprietory systems.

I became interested in Debian in early 2001 and have been using it ever
since, exclusively now at home and work. I value its sheer range of
packages and reputation it has for high quality, and I would like to
contribute to this. I am strongly in favour of keeping Debian a high
quality distribution that produces stable releases.

As my main contribution to Debian to date I have packaged a CGI
application (and many associated perl modules, some of which have
already been uploaded to Debian) that I'm involved with. When the
application matures sufficiently I plan to upload it to Debian too.
I have also adopted an orphaned package and aim to diligently report
bugs in the distribution whenever possible.

I have also taken an interest in the testing-security team, and although
since changing jobs haven't had much time to contribute, I helped
maintain their database of security issues in sarge prior to release.

I would like to continue to develop packages for Debian as well as
undertake general QA and bug-tracking issues as time permits if I am
made a Debian developer.

   Google says:

Dominic is active in the Perl world, and one of the authors of the openguides
project (http://openguides.org/).