AM report for Rudy Godoy

Report for new developer applicant Rudy Godoy <rudy@kernel-panik.org>:

1. Identity verification
------------------------

ID check passed, key signed by many existing DDs.

Output from keycheck.sh:

  pub   1024D/3433BD21 2002-10-07 [expires: 2010-05-15]
      Key fingerprint = 0D12 8537 607E 2DF5 4EFB  35A7 550F 1A00 3433 BD21
  uid              Rudy Godoy (sTone_heAd at KP) <rudy@kernel-panik.org>
  sig!     F2CF01A8 2004-01-03  Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com>
  sig!3 X  882A6C4B 2003-06-07  Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org>
  sig!3 X  75BE8097 2004-05-31  Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
  sig!3    817A996A 2004-06-24  Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no>
  sig!3    797EBFAB 2004-12-04  Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.com>
  sig!     68FD549F 2004-07-12  Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
  sig!2    2BE16D01 2004-09-14  Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org>
    [...]
  sig!3    3433BD21 2005-05-16  Rudy Godoy (sTone_heAd at KP) <rudy@kernel-panik.org>
  sig!3    3433BD21 2004-11-25  Rudy Godoy (sTone_heAd at KP) <rudy@kernel-panik.org>
  sub   1024g/11605634 2002-10-07 [expires: 2008-06-11]
  sig!     3433BD21 2002-10-07  Rudy Godoy (sTone_heAd at KP) <rudy@kernel-panik.org>
  sig!     3433BD21 2004-06-12  Rudy Godoy (sTone_heAd at KP) <rudy@kernel-panik.org>

Rudy writes:

  Hi, I've been involved in free software since 1997. I'm founding
  member and currently on board of directors for APESOL[0] (Free
  Software Association) here in Perú. Also started DebianPeru[1] user
  group last year (2004).

  When I learned about Debian Project and its philosophy I found that
  I shared the vision, since my interest for free software are in
  social and philosophical but also in technical matters. So I started
  to use and then contribute to Debian since around 2001-2002 and
  advocating it on the places I went to give talks. It actually gave
  good results over here and Debian is gaining more adoption and
  presence.

  My work in Debian is mostly focused on localisation to spanish,
  working as translator of different pieces of documentation and
  software like d-i, debconf templates and in charge of DWN
  translation coordination since 2003. I've also maintain packages on
  the archive and work with the Xfce team and Debian Jr
  subproject. Lately I've been focusing more on quality and software
  testing and trying to help on its improvement. On the other side
  I've also been part of the organisation team for DebConf4 and
  currently helping on DebConf6 team.

  My interest on the future are to focus more on quality and better
  integration between the different kind of software that Debian
  ships. Also is in my interest to help to make Debian to have more
  adoption from ISVs and enterprise by cooperating with them, and also
  standards certifications like LSB.

  0- http://www.apesol.org
  1- http://www.debianperu.org

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------

Rudy has a good understanding of Debian's Philosophy and Procedures.

He answered my Questions about the Social Contract, DFSG, BTS
etc. with few problems.

3. Tasks and Skills

Rudy is doing a good job of maintaining the lletters, torcs, usbmgr,
and xhangglider packages, and is a member of the XFCE4 maintenance
team.

He answered my Tasks and Skills questions without serious problems.

I recommend accepting Rudy as a Debian Developer.

Moray.

--
http://www.morayallan.com/