Re: fresh blood gets congested: long way to become DD

On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 09:00 +0100, Sven Mueller wrote:
> Thijs' calculation that the FD check would need to eliminate over 50% of
> all applications (or rather: ask for more (or more precise) answers) to
> actually save some work is a bit off course. It does save the DAM some
> work as soon as it eliminates a single application, but it won't ever
> save any work of the total workload.

My calculation is based on the assumption that the time of DAM and of FD
is equally valuable. If a DAM is a lot more expensive than a FD you'd
save by rejecting some applications in the FD-step. But since both are
valued Debian volunteers I don't see why the their effort should be
valued differently.

> IMHO, two checks would be enough, so either AM + FD oder AM + DAM. FD
> might take some parts of the checks from DAM if DAM is asked to keep
> doing a full check, but it will be too much good if both do a full
> check.

Exactly.

> _IF_ it is not the case that FD and DAM both do a full check, it would
> be nice (if for nothing else) for transparancy reasons if they
> published
> who checks which parts,.

Indeed.

Thijs