Re: Did you get my email?

Wheeeeee .... mail from my good buddy Robos!  Hi there.

Udo 'Robos' Puetz(udo@muon.de)@2006-12-28 00:14:
> On Wed, 27.12.06, Stephen Birch <sgbirch@imsmail.org> wrote:
> > I didnt receive a reply.  Hmmm ... it may have been spam-blocked by
> > mistake.  I am looking for a touch of help bringing the debian vobcopy
> > archive up to date.
>
> Uh, see other email :)

I think my whitelist said robos@muon.de so you may well have been sent
to spam.

> > I'm actually starting to really despise debian because of the new
> > maintainer bullshit and have switched to Ubuntu.  But Id like to
> > keep my two packages current in Debian just the same.
>
> I've made the switch to ubuntu some time ago already.

Yeah ... I have Ubuntu on all of my computers as well.  Given the shoddy
way I have been treated by Debian I am not sure why I am bothering.  I
guess that since my complete career is now debian (and Ubuntu) based it
seemed good to try and help the project a little.  I maintain about 10
packages at work for my employer BTW.

Sigh ... it could be that Debian is going to die.  It seems that many of
the best people are leaving, and the political nonsense in Debian is worse
than ever.

> In the beginning I had very high hopes for ubuntu and I still argue that if
> they had stuck to sole ubuntu (gnome desktop and some apps) they'd be the
> BEST distro around. But with the whole kubuntu, edubuntu, ubuntu server for
> amd64, sparc t2 and such a lot of paid developer money is (wasted|spend) on
> getting that stuff to run barely whereas ubuntu could be perfect...

Don't forget that the derivatives are only reorgs of the base distro, so
it really isn't as chaotic as it appears.  But I do agree that the
developer money is watered down by their approach.

> What help do you need? I will try to find some time for you, isn't that
> something! ;-)

Hmm .. nothing at this time, I just wanted to establish contact because
I am trying to get the current vobcopy into Debian/Ubuntu and pick up
the bug fixes.

Good to hear from you again,

Steve