Possible DoS attack on "prospective Advocates" (was: [NM Front Desk] Advocate key for Ozgur Karatas <ozgur@ozgurkaratas.com>)

Hi,

today I received an advocate confirmation request for Ozgur Karatas.  He
also mailed me in private, the main message was "I love Debian, please
confirm that you advocate me".  Since I do not know this person, I wrote
an e-mail refusing to advocate.  I also I checked the status page and
found it said that the proposed advocate was Branden Robinson...

This afternoon, I got the second automated advocate request.  It seems
somebody is trying to conduct a DoS attack on active DDs...  Or at least
has completely misunderstood the NM process.

This is just to notify the newmaint people; I'm not going to do anything
else.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster