[VAC] forced vacation until June 26th

Hi,

due to events I don't know to the fullest extent, my primary mail
address's domain, df7cb.de went into the TRANSIT state in March. I
went to the web frontend the German NIC (Denic) told me, chose a new
provider, and thought everything was fine. Some time later, they sent
me a bill that said I didn't pay for the Denic Direct service, meaning
I had to pay 59EUR per year because I didn't have a provider any more,
and was now directly their customer. Alexander Wirt, who is so kind to
take care of my domains, talked to the provider and everything seemed
fine again.

Last Wednesday, the domain's nameserver entries in the .de zone were
then replaced by some nsentry pointing to a Denic web server saying it
was unavailable. Since then, Alex and I have phoned half of Germany,
tried to move the domain to a different provider, and both the old and
the new provider, and the Denic have said, everything was fine - but
it is not. The domain continues to be in some "in process state",
meaning I won't be able to receive mail until Monday. I also
can't really send mail without reworking my whole mail setup.

There seems to be some internal fight between the Denic and my last
provider or the reseller, on which I don't have any influence. Since
I'm pretty annoyed by the whole mess, I'll take an internet-free
vacation until I can convince the Denic to complete the transfer. (And
then hopefully kill someone in their support department.)

Christoph

PS: Alex is just as annoyed as I am, so I can't (and don't) blame him
for this debacle.
--
cb@cs.uni-sb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/cs/
Universität des Saarlandes, Compiler Design Lab