AM report for Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com>

Report for Debian Developer Applicant Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with Keyid 0x75C024C8:

   ID Check passed, Key signed by one DD, Barak Pearlmutter (barak).

   Output from keycheck.sh 0x75C024C8
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   pub   1024D/75C024C8 2003-05-11
         Key fingerprint = 3BB6 E124 0643 A615 6F00  6854 8D11 4563 75C0 24C8
   uid                  Yaroslav Halchenko (Yarik) <yoh@onerussian.com>
   sig!3        FEC23FB2 2003-11-20  Barak A. Pearlmutter <barak@cs.nuim.ie>
   sig!3        75C024C8 2004-06-22  Yaroslav Halchenko (Yarik) <yoh@onerussian.com>
   sig!3        75C024C8 2004-05-12  Yaroslav Halchenko (Yarik) <yoh@onerussian.com>
   sig!3        75C024C8 2003-10-18  Yaroslav Halchenko (Yarik) <yoh@onerussian.com>
   [...]
   10 signatures not checked due to missing keys
   Key is ok
   Check for key expire stuff
   Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   | I have got my first exposure to GNU/Linux and Debian in particular as
   | soon as I came to the USA as an international student to work toward
   | my PhD in Computer Science at the University of New Mexico. Barak
   | Pearlmuter became my PhD adviser. He was already a fan of Debian
   | project. While working toward my degree I got to learn GNU/Linux as an
   | active Debian user. You can get little bit more of specifics on my
   | persona from my resume which is available online
   |
   |              http://www.onerussian.com/resume.phtml
   [...]
   | Besides that, I am trying to promote Debian GNU/Linux whenever I can
   | (LUGs, friends, coworkers).
   |
   | I enjoy participating in the discussions on some Debian mailing lists
   | (debian-science is the one I actively monitor besides obvious -dev's)
   |
   | As a DD I am planning at first to be a good Debian Packager, ie to
   | keep the packages I introduce to Debian bug-free and freshly upgraded to
   | upstream. Besides that I hope to continue to be a useful member of -dev,
   | -mentors mailing lists to raise interesting/important questions and
   | provide help to the 'seekers'. So as you have mentioned in your original
   | email - I am able to make a difference and I have done it already with
   | providing a few useful packages, relevant bug reports and
   | suggestions/solutions.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Yaroslav has a good understanding of Debian's Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my questions about the Social Contract,
   the DFSG and the BTS.

3. Tasks and Skills
   Yaroslav is Maintainer of fail2ban, impose+, imagezoom and
   bookmarksftp, all Packages in Debian.
   He also answered my questions regarding T&S without problems.

4. Recommendation
   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account:       yoh
   Forward-Email: debian-forwarded@onerussian.com