AM report for Steffen Joeris <steffen.joeris@skolelinux.de>

Report for new developer applicant
Steffen Joeris <steffen.joeris@skolelinux.de>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with Keyid 0x893FAD07:

   ID Check passed, Key signed by several DDs:
     pub   1024D/893FAD07 2004-07-12
        Key fingerprint = 208B 6825 1009 3F2E D295  E34E EB6C D6C5 893F AD07
     uid                  Steffen Joeris (white) <steffen.joeris@skolelinux.de>
     sig!         EBEDB32B 2005-08-29  Christopher Martin <christopher.martin@utoronto.ca>
     sig!         DA6AE621 2005-09-01  Adeodato Sim�<dato@net.com.org.es>
     sig!         2A30D729 2005-10-15  Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@debian.org>
     sig!         F2CF01A8 2005-11-17  Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com>
     sig!         FED8F826 2005-11-19  Cajus Pollmeier (Privat) <c.pollmeier@gmx.net>
     sig!         5D64F870 2005-11-28  Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>
     sig!         258D8781 2005-12-10  Michael Bramer <michael@debsupport.de>
     sig!         330C4A75 2006-03-10  Martin F. Krafft <mail@martin-krafft.net>
     sig!         3FCC2A90 2006-04-05  Amaya Rodrigo Sastre <amaya@debian.org>
     sig!         0F7A8D01 2006-04-20  Norbert Tretkowski <norbert@tretkowski.de>
     sig!         036BAB8D 2006-04-23  Morten Werner Olsen <werner@debian.org>
     sig!         514B3E7C 2006-05-06  Florian Ernst <florian@uni-hd.de>
     sig!         248AEB73 2006-05-06  Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org>
     sig!         BC7D020A 2006-05-07  Alexander Wirt <formorer@debian.org>
     sig!         7C714C78 2006-05-07  Ren�van Bevern (Debian) <rvb@debian.org>
     sig!3        16BD77C6 2006-03-23  Gerfried Fuchs <alfie@debian.org>
     sig!3        BD8B050D 2006-05-07  Roland Rosenfeld <roland@spinnaker.de>
     sig!3        893FAD07 2005-08-07  Steffen Joeris <white@skolelinux.org>
     [...]

     555 signatures not checked due to missing keys
     Key is ok
     Check for key expire stuff
     Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
     I am a german boy living next to Aachen, I am 19 years old (close
     to 20 :) ) and finished school one year ago. During my last three
     years at school I came in contact with Debian (before that I only
     played a bit with Suse). My mentor and advocate Michael Meskes
     told me about Debian. At school I founded the local admin group
     for a computer center where pupils can go during their spare
     lessons. After a long talk from Michael we decided to go for
     Debian and then I administrated the school servers for 3 years
     (well i am still working on them but of course someone else is
     wearing the administrator hat :) ). After one year of using
     Debian we discovered the Debian-Edu/Skolelinux project and during
     the last year we migrated. At the end we started to work on some
     own solutions and later on I found out that it is possible to
     join the projects. When I finished school I started to work at a
     company which provides OpenSource solutions for their customers
     (especially Debian) and there I also met a few Debian Developers
     who helped me with my first steps by joining Debian as a project.
     It was fun to watch the changes going back into Debian and to
     improve the Debian-Edu/Skolelinux project. Today I am mostly
     interested in doing packaging for Debian and of course help
     Debian-Edu/Skolelinux and make sure that all of their work is
     integrated into Debian and that we are working inside Debian!

     I also enjoy to have friends all over the world. I discovered it
     several times and when you are working on Debian you can mostly
     be sure that you have a sleeping place all over the world if
     neccessary and I really like this social part as it is very
     motivating :).

     In the future I will start to study at La Trobe University in
     Melbourne and continue working on Debian, so it is not clear how
     much time is left there for studying :)

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Steffen has a good understanding of Debians Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my questions about the Social Contract,
   DFSG, BTS etc. nicely.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Steffen is the Maintainer of various Skolelinux-related packages:
   http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=steffen.joeris@skolelinux.de
   He also works on the debian-edu-* packages in the debian-installer.
   Steffen answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account: white
   Forward-Email: steffen.joeris@skolelinux.de

Christoph
--