AM report for Romain Beauxis <toots@rastageeks.org>

Report for new developer applicant Romain Beauxis <toots@rastageeks.org>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0xde599800:

   ID Check passed, Key signed by 1 existing DD (2 more signatures,
   all separate paths to the strongly connected set):

   Output from keycheck.sh:

     pub   1024D/DE599800 2005-07-03
           Key fingerprint = 6C60 8C2D 20FC D462 4A97  D108 9EE4 3746 DE59 9800
     uid                  Romain Beauxis <romain@beauxis.org>
     sig!         800969EF 2005-07-22  Samuel Mimram <smimram@debian.org>
     sig!3        DE599800 2005-07-03  Romain Beauxis <romain@beauxis.org>

     4 signatures not checked due to missing keys
     Key is ok
     Check for key expire stuff
     Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:

     Well, I am a student from the Ecole Centrale Paris, which was the
     original home of vlc. Hence, I met there people from the
     linux/debian world, and get friends who are either debian
     developpers or candidates, mostly zorglub and adn. I installed my
     first distribution tree years ago, was debian, and still is :) I
     quickly liked the powerfull package manager, the seriousness of
     the project, and more over the volounteering backbone which I
     found the more important part of the project.

     I did a project for the school which was the design and
     implementation of a streaming solution for our webradio, and got
     to use unpackaged applications, mostly peercast, so I started
     making packages for it.

     Then, I started a PhD in computer science, and met smimram, that
     convinced me of getting into the NM process, and advocated me.

     So far, my contributions to the project have been packaging of
     different applications, such as mediawiki, peercast, linuxdcpp ...
     You can find the whole liste at the usual place:
     http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=toots@rastageeks.org

     Then, my goals for the project would be to help the debian OS to
     be more and more usable. This does not allways mean user
     friendly, but also to try to have the more functionnalities and
     applications that would be needed in a complete and universal OS,
     with respect to the debian free software principles of course.
     This was my main concern for packaging applications like
     mediawiki, peercast and linuxdcpp.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Romain has a good understanding of Debians Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my Questions about the Social Contract,
   DFSG, BTS etc. to my satisfaction.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Romain is Maintainer of linuxdcpp, php-getid3, peercast, kshutdown,
   ptunnel, and Co-Maintainer of the mediawiki packages. All packages
   are in a good shape. He also answered my other questions regarding
   T&S without problems.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account: toots
   Forward-Email: toots@rastageeks.org

Christoph
--