Re: Reforming the NM process

>Actually, it does. By weeding out inexperienced NMs before they hit the
>process, the number of people going through it is reduced. This shortens
>the queue of people waiting for AM assignment (which is getting smaller
>right now anyway).

Oh-kay, I'll buy that....

>The number of people waiting for an AM report is around 0 and no
>relevant problem [1].

Hmm.  Maybe the number is not significant.

However, I'm currently waiting for an AM report, which is not reflected in the
database.

My AM, Brian Nelson, has told me that he has enough information to
complete my Tasks & Skills check, although he has not updated the NM status
database to say so.  (I don't know why not; I suppose he's so busy he can't
even update the database.)  If he actually needs any more information, he needs
to tell me what.

I'm not in a great hurry or anything, but I do wonder what's going on every
now and then.  I'll continue to send status reports to him as I do things.
It's a little dispiriting though.  Sponsored NMUs are sufficiently tedious
that I do them significantly less often than I would do regular NMUs.

>The number of people waiting for DAM approval has gone down constantly
>in the last 18 months is currently below 10.
Cool!

>The number of people waiting for FD approval is also not high, and the
>only reason for a queue there is that I had not much time and didn't
>want to invest my (rare, in the last few weeks) free time to approve
>applicants when they would be stuck in the DAM queue anyway. As that
>queue is almost cleared now, FD approval has moved to the upper regions
>of my TODO list again. The queue will be cleared in the near future.

Cool!  Ok :-)

In conclusion, nothing really needs to be done, because there aren't any
bottlenecks, eh?

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@twcny.rr.com>

Bush admitted to violating FISA and said he was proud of it.
So why isn't he in prison yet?...