AM report for Hidetaka Iwai <tyuyu@debian.or.jp>

Report for new developer applicant Hidetaka Iwai <tyuyu@debian.or.jp>

1. Identification & Background
==============================
   Check with Keyid DEA9EC6B:
   --------------------------
   ID Check passed, Key signed by 7 DDs, output from keycheck.sh DEA9EC6B:

   pub   1024D/DEA9EC6B 2002-01-08
         Key fingerprint = 3383 38F9 E121 0D16 5234  1B60 3F4A 295B DEA9 EC6B
   uid                  Hidetaka Iwai <tyuyu@debian.or.jp>
   sig!         52936E17 2003-08-16  Takashi Okamoto <tora@debian.org>
   sig!2        2FA9A38C 2003-08-16  ARAKI Yasuhiro <ar@debian.org>
   sig!2        3CC88C09 2003-08-17  Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.org>
   sig!3        ECA94FA8 2003-08-15  ISHIKAWA Mutsumi <ishikawa@debian.org>
   sig!3        EF50D1FF 2003-08-20  Oliver M. Bolzer <oliver@gol.com>
   sig!3        B25A5CF1 2003-08-20  Masahito Omote <omote@utyuuzin.net>
   sig!3        AE31C009 2003-09-12  Taketoshi Sano <kgh12351@nifty.com>
   sig!3        DEA9EC6B 2003-08-10  Hidetaka Iwai <tyuyu@debian.or.jp>
   (...)
   Key is ok

   Applicant writes:
   -----------------

   I'm a student of the medical department of Hokkaido university. There
   are three things I want to do for Debian.

    1. introduce interesting applications in Japan to the world In
    Japan, there are still many interesting applications which are not
    well-known to the world, partly owing to lack of documents,
    considerations to non-Japanese languages, etc.  I want to work
    together with upstream authors of them to solve these problems, and
    introduce them to other people.

    2. make Debian more useful for the Japanese people
    There are works which the Japanese people must do, such as Japanese
    Imput method and Japanese fonts.  Compared with othe distributions
    in Japan, Debian has still much room for improvement. I want to
    make Debian more useful for the Japanese, especially the Japanese
    beginners.
    (...)

    3. make Debian more useful for medical staffs and researchers
    I think there is a need of free environment for medical issues to
    prevent a waste of the national budget for health and welfare on
    silly things,  such as useless original standards of vendors', and
    Debian is the good environment for it.  I want to make Debian more
    useful for medical staffs and researchers.  At present, I do what I
    can do now - translate Debian-Med webpages as a Debian JP Projects
    member.

   My first contact with free software is with GNU Emacs.  I used
   MS-Windows when I entered the university, and I was looking for better
   email clients than Microsoft Outlook, and I met GNU Emacs and Mew, a
   mailer written in elisp.  Now Debian runs on all of my computers, and
   I'm satisfied with Debian.  I want to give back to free software and
   Debian.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
============================
   Hidetaka Iwai has a good understanding of the Debians Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my and his previous AMs questions
   regarding Social Contract, DFSG, BTS etc. satisfactorily.

3. Tasks and Skills
===================

   He answered my questions satisfactorily. His packages are in good shape.
   The bug I found in kazehakase was fixed very fast by upstream and a fixed
   package entered the archive shortly later. He manages a good relationship
   with upstream and works well with his sponsor.

4. Recommendation
   I recommend Hidetaka Iwai to be accepted as Debian Developer.

   Account: tyuyu

yours Martin
--
<maxx@debian.org> ---- Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal Operation System