Re: Rewording of NM-corner (WAS: Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006)

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 04:19:59PM +0900, JC Helary wrote:
> I'd be a little more radical :)

> >The Debian New Maintainer process, is the process of becoming an
> >official
> >Debian Developer (DD). These webpages are the place were
> >prospective Debian
> >Developers can find all the details on applying to become a DD, the
> >different steps of the process, and how to track the process of their
> >ongoing application.
>
> The Debian Project New Member process, is the process of becoming an
> official Debian Project Member (DPM), also called Debian Developer
> (DD) for historical purposes.

Err, no. We're still Debian Developers, whether we do actual development
or something else.

If there is unclarity in the term, then it should be explained somewhere
where people who're not familiar with the term will likely see it.
Changing the term is not likely to do much good, and I don't see why we
should change it.

--
Fun will now commence