AM report for Thijs Kinkhorst

Report for new developer applicant Thijs Kinkhorst <kink@squirrelmail.org>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0x957D58CF:

   ID Check passed, Key signed by many existing DDs.

   Output from keycheck.sh:

Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
Receiving and checking key
pub   1024D/957D58CF 2003-10-28
      Key fingerprint = F786 7D1E 8EEB 8DE7 EBBE  05BF 25D2 8CC5 957D 58CF
uid                  Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@kinkhorst.com>
sig!3        0644FAB7 2003-10-28  Bas Zoetekouw <bas@zoetekouw.net>
sig!         0813569F 2003-10-28  Jeroen van Wolffelaar
<jeroen@wolffelaar.nl>
sig!         08CEC94D 2005-02-21  Sander Smeenk <ssmeenk@freshdot.net>
sig!         3E7B4B73 2005-08-28  Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel@mamane.lu>
sig!2        5D8CDA7B 2003-10-28  Guus Sliepen <guus@sliepen.eu.org>
sig!         607559E6 2005-08-07  Benjamin Hill (Mako) <mako@atdot.cc>
sig!         797EBFAB 2005-05-27  Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.com>
sig!3        957D58CF 2005-02-23  Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@kinkhorst.com>
sig!3        957D58CF 2003-10-28  Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@kinkhorst.com>
sig!3        957D58CF 2003-10-28  Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@kinkhorst.com>
sig!3        957D58CF 2003-10-28  Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@kinkhorst.com>
sig!         969457F0 2005-06-28  Joost van Baal <joostvb@mdcc.cx>
sig!         9F8D08A7 2005-06-24  Arthur de Jong <adejong@debian.org>
sig!         C09FD35A 2005-08-08  Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>
sig!         66F24521 2005-12-10  Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>
uid                  Thijs Kinkhorst <kink@squirrelmail.org>
sig!3        0813569F 2005-02-23  Jeroen van Wolffelaar
<jeroen@wolffelaar.nl>
sig!         3E7B4B73 2005-08-28  Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel@mamane.lu>
sig!         5D8CDA7B 2005-07-24  Guus Sliepen <guus@sliepen.eu.org>
sig!         607559E6 2005-08-07  Benjamin Hill (Mako) <mako@atdot.cc>
sig!         797EBFAB 2005-05-27  Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.com>
sig!3        957D58CF 2005-02-23  Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@kinkhorst.com>
sig!         969457F0 2005-06-28  Joost van Baal <joostvb@mdcc.cx>
sig!         9F8D08A7 2005-06-24  Arthur de Jong <adejong@debian.org>
sig!         C09FD35A 2005-08-08  Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>
sig!         66F24521 2005-12-10  Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>
sub   1024g/BF81F25C 2003-10-28
sig!         957D58CF 2003-10-28  Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@kinkhorst.com>

Key is ok
Check for key expire stuff
Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:

I'm Thijs Kinkhorst, a 25 years old student in Medical Computer Science.
I live in the city of Utrecht, in the centre of the Netherlands. My
first encounter with Linux was when I installed Slackware 3.0 on my home
computer around 1997. After some time of using RedHat and getting more
acquainted with the OS, I tried Debian and loved the system, especially
the way things 'just work' for an administrator.

I became involved with Debian Development through the 'squirrelmail'
package. I've been an upstream developer for SquirrelMail for quite some
years now. In the summer of 2004, the Debian package of our webmail
client was undermaintained and the maintainer MIA. This bothered me, and
I turned to my friend Jeroen van Wolffelaar, who is a DD, and together
we put a lot of work to get the package back into shape. The combination
of someone with upstream knowledge and someone with Debian experience
turned out very well.

Currently I co-maintain this package with Jeroen, plus the 'phpbb2'
package. I'm also the maintainer of 'signing-party' (containing tools
such as gpg-key2ps and caff) and Common Test Node ('ctn'), a medical
imaging package that was orphaned. More recently I picked up the
orphaned package 'iprint' (a small utility), and I'm now working on a
good cleaning up of the package 'dutch' (Dutch dictionaries and word
lists). I've a package in preparation for phpGedView which awaits some
copyright issues to be cleared up before it can be uploaded. This one is
done together with Charles Fry. I believe co-maintenance is almost
always preferable over maintenance by a single individual.

One of my goals within Debian is of course to maintain packages, as I'm
doing now. But I believe Debian needs people that do more than just
maintaining packages. Different parts of the infrastructure, quality
assurance and various other functions need people to help out and I'm
certainly planning on getting involved there too. The Debian-Med project
has my attention, and I hope to be useful for that Custom Debian
Distribution aswell.

Outside of Debian, my interests are graduating from my study,
(vegetarian) cooking and eating, the Dutch language, volunteering for my
study association, local history, being a board member for our tennants
association and using my Themepark De Efteling season ticket. I'm still
trying to acquire a racing bike.

and Christoph Berg). He is also a co-maintainer of phpbb2, squirrelmail,
squirrelmail-decode and squirrelmail-local.
   He performed my Tasks and Skills tasks without problems.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.

Cheers

Luk

--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D