Re: DAM queue progress

On Wed, 18 May 2005, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > On 10285 March 1977, Frans Pop wrote:
> >> I very much hope that DAM queue processing will be picked up again.
> >
> > Well, yeah, sorry, im a *bit* behind my schedule, I know that.
> > (Its less than one month,  2 days left for a month to be full. :) )
>
> I'm wondering why on a couple of places in Debian, including here,
> key positions are only staffed by one person? You are also a
> ftp-master, which is a lot of work, especially now. Why is there no
> backup provided?

In short, because no volunteer with the requisite experience has come
forward and been approved by the DPL. People who want to fill that
role and are capable of filling that role are relatively rare.

Don Armstrong

--
My spelling ability, or rather the lack thereof, is one of the wonders
of the modern world.