Re: Waiting for account creation by DAM

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 01:47:15PM +0200, Fabio Tranchitella wrote:
> 29/04/2005, 20.49 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow:
> > James is traveling in australia currently. Till Monday??? Not much
> > longer afaik.
>
> Does this mean that I'll have my account created soon? Why the NM has a
> bottleneck if James is busy? [1] Is there something that I can do to
> have my account created (or rejected) soon instead of waiting for weeks
> (or months)? [2]
>
> Thanks for your reply, and sorry if my questions are too silly.
> Fabio
>
> [1] I'm not sarcastic, I really don't know the reasons why
>     this process is handled so.

I also can't tell.
My advice to continue working on Free Software and other things you care
about ( not _waiting_ )

> [2] Here too, I don't want to be sarcastic. I'd like just to do my
>     best for Debian, and it isn't easy if I can't upload to the archive
>     by myself, especially while we are near to release.

There was a time that I thought[3] that my account would be created
after the release, so that the release wouldn't be delayed
by the full DD power in my newbie DD hands.

Cheers
Geert Stappers

[3] Things you make up when there is no information.