Re: My Application Status

Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo <fenio@debian.org> writes:
> On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 02:46:07PM +1000, Anibal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
>>>I have applied for NM position on debian.org like 4 months before and
>>>I havent seen any change on my status.
>> You haven't been asigned an AM as there is a shortage of AMs.
> Is there some documentation about becaming AM?

Not really. The current documentation is very outdated and rewriting
them is already on the todo list of several people (there's even a list
of things that should be included, but it still neds to be written).

To become an AM, you should send an email to the Front Desk, giving a
short overview about the things you do as developer (and with short I
mean less than 10 lines!).
The requirements for AMs are a bit vague, but the rule of thumb is that
they should have their account for at least 6 months. They should do QA
work on a regular basis, showing their knowledge of the Debian Policy
and Sub-Policies. Sponsoring non-DDs is also important, as that gives
one a good impression of the special problems and needs of new
developers.
AMs should have enough time to process applicants, they should be
relatively friendly and calm. It's also important to be able to explain
technical matters reasonably simple and nice, something that not every
DD is apt for.

Marc
--
BOFH #97:
Small animal kamikaze attack on power supplies