AM report for Recai Oktas <roktas@omu.edu.tr>

Report for new developer applicant Recai Oktas <roktas@omu.edu.tr>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with Keyid 0x3FD25C84:

   Output from keycheck.sh 0x3FD25C84
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   ID Check passed, Key signed by 2 existing DDs.

   pub   1024D/3FD25C84 2003-05-31
         Key fingerprint = 2061 020B A49C B3F7 8108  15D0 9C0E 389B 3FD2 5C84
   uid                  Recai Oktas <roktas@omu.edu.tr>
   sig!3        3FD25C84 2004-07-29  Recai Oktas <roktas@omu.edu.tr>
   uid                  Recai Oktas <roktas@omu.edu.tr>
   sig!         9C478D49 2003-06-01  Murat Demirten (omniheurist) <murat@debian.org>
   sig!3        74E0B766 2003-08-30  Andreas Mueller <amu@debian.org>
   sig!3        3FD25C84 2003-05-31  Recai Oktas <roktas@omu.edu.tr>
   [...]
   Key is ok

   Applicant writes:
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   | I am a research assistant at Electrics-Electronics Engineering
   | Department of Ondokuz Mayis University of Turkey, specializing in
   | "Design Methodologies for Analog Integrated Circuits".  I've been
   | studying on my Ph.D. thesis for a time.
   |
   | Debian has been my favourite distribution for almost two years.  Before
   | that (since 1995), I used to use Slackware and some RedHat based
   | distributions.  There are a number of issues which motivated me for the
   | transition.  Naming a few, consistency (resulting from `Debian Policy'),
   | freedom awareness of DFSG and totally open and transparent development
   | model.  (Well, As the answer of "Why Debian?", I would also like to
   | mention the short but impressive text of Adam Heath [1], which I whole
   | heartly agree.)
   |
   | As an active member of `debian-user-turkish' and `debian-l10n-turkish'
   | lists, my main concern is to provide an almost flawless working
   | environment for Turkish users of Debian.  As part of my already stated
   | plans to reach this goal [2], I'm currently working on a Turkish
   | localization script suite which I intend to package as `user-tr'.  There
   | exist some published articles [3a-b] and a mini-HOWTO [4] which could be
   | considered as the pre-efforts for this project.  Being a member of
   | debian-l10n-turkish team, I also participate in the translation
   | activities of Debian documentation and web pages (including the highly
   | critical job of achieving an accurate translation of `Debian Social
   | Contract' [5] which we've hopefully succeeded after a few discussion in
   | the mail list.)
[...]
   | [1]  http://www.linuxsolutions.com.br/debian-br/porque_debian/why-debian_me.txt
   | [2]  http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-turkish/2003/debian-user-turkish/msg00042.html
   | [3a] http://www.fazlamesai.net/modules.php?name=3DNews&file=3Darticle&sid=1007
   | (Woody review in Turkish)
   | [3b] http://www.fazlamesai.net/modules.php?name=3DNews&file=3Darticle&sid=1079
   | (Debian Turkish support)
   | [4] http://www.fazlamesai.net/modules.php?name=3DNews&file=3Darticle&sid=1693
   | (Debian Turkish mini-HOWTO)
   | [5] http://www.debian.org/social_contract.tr.html

   Demirten (murat)).
   He also answered my other Questions regarding T&S without problems.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account:       roktas
   Forward-Email: roktas@omu.edu.tr

Marc
--