AM Report for Enrico Tassi

Report for new developer applicant Enrico Tassi <gareuselesinge@users.sourceforge.net>.

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
Check with key ID 0123f2f2:

ID Check passed, key signed by developers Stefano Zacchiroli and Cosimo
Alfarano.

  pub   1024D/0123F2F2 2004-11-22 [expires: 2006-11-22]
        Key fingerprint = 60D0 4388 E385 3643 807B  9507 EE49 1C3E 0123
        F2F2
  uid                  Enrico Tassi <tassi@cs.unibo.it>
  sig!3        F2C423BC 2004-12-21  Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@bononia.it>
  sig!3        CB467E27 2005-03-05  Cosimo Alfarano <kalfa@debian.org>
  sig!3        0123F2F2 2004-11-22  Enrico Tassi <tassi@cs.unibo.it>
  uid                  Enrico Tassi <gareuselesinge@libero.it>
  uid                  Enrico Tassi <gareuselesinge@virgilio.it>
  uid                  Enrico Tassi <gareuselesinge@users.sourceforge.net>
  sig!3        F2C423BC 2004-12-21  Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@bononia.it>
  sig!3        CB467E27 2005-03-05  Cosimo Alfarano <kalfa@debian.org>
  sig!3        0123F2F2 2004-11-22  Enrico Tassi <tassi@cs.unibo.it>
  sub   1024g/574248E4 2004-11-22 [expires: 2006-11-22]
  sig!         0123F2F2 2004-11-22  Enrico Tassi <tassi@cs.unibo.it>

  4 signatures not checked due to missing keys
  Key is ok
  Check for key expire stuff
  Key has an expiration date of 2006-11-22.

Enrico Tassi writes:

  I've first used a GNU/Linux system at the university of Bologna,
  six years ago. Here there are a lot of students (and some teachers)
  interested in Free Software and GNU/Linux, and I've been "captured" by
  this world. I want to volunteer my time for two reasons. First I believe
  in Free Software and helping a free operating system distribution is
  something I'll be proud of. The second reason is that I use Debian
  every day, and I would like to help this awesome distribution.

  Actually I've not done so much for Debian. I've built some packages
  libcurl-ocaml, libexpat-ocaml, and freepops. The first has been
  accepted by and ftp manager, while the others are still in the NEW
  queue. As an author of freepops (http://freepops.org) I've created and
  maintained an unofficial deb for many months.
  I'm an author of some other stuff, and I've packaged them too, but I
  don't think they are ready to enter Debian and I've not proposed my
  sponsor to check and upload them. If you are interested this is the
  unofficial pool of my deb: http://tassi.web.cs.unibo.it

  I've no precise goal, I think I'll help the people of debian-ocaml-maint
  mailing list in maintaining the ocaml language branch.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
Enrico has an adequate understanding of Debian's philosophy and
procedures.  He provided acceptable answers to all my questions about
the Social Contract, DFSG, and other Debianisms.