Account name for new DDs

Hi,

I'm just curious: where does the account name for new DDs come from?

I'm pretty sure there was a question about the desired account name in the NM application form, but it seems like nowerdays this info is missing in the NM database.

The reason why I'm asking is, I became a DD yesterday (yay!) and instead of choosing my beloved nick ('jenner') which I asked for in the NM application, I was given 'stroh' (my surname) - so actually my question is: is this the common practice now? If so, what about NMs who share the same surname? :)

Cheers,
Igor

P.S. I guess it's just a matter of time when the first smith.002@debian.org posts his first message to this list :)