Re: NM status: separate DAM approval and account creation?

On 10245 March 1977, ivan-debian-newmaint@420.am wrote:

>> > I can change the script to do this if the DAMs ask me to.
>> Joerg just told me that it's okay with him so I've done this now.
> Umm, so our applicants are now held up waiting on the same previous
> inactive DAM as before, and "creation" is newspeak for "approval"?

Eh. If you do it one way people complain that they dont see how it
works. You do it the other way - people complain that they see it.

> Curious, why is there an additional delay?  Why can't all DAMs have the
> technical ability to create accounts?  Isn't that what the appointment
> of a DAM means?

I'm DAM, not sysadmin/keyring-maint/ldap-admin - thats needed to
play with accounts. A bit much to go from 0 to all this in one step back
in december if you ask me. It *may* change anywhere in the future, but now
it works this way.

--
bye Joerg
<wiggy> "Memory is like gasoline. You use it up when you are running. Of