AM Report for Simon Huggins <huggie@earth.li>

Report for new developer applicant Simon Huggins <huggie@earth.li>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0xDF5CE2B4

   ID Check passed, Key signed by several existing Debian Developers, e.g. by
   Philip Hands <hands@debian.org>, Daniel Silverstone <dsilvers@debian.org>,
   Robert McQueen <robot101@debian.org> and S. J. Remnant <keybuk@debian.org>

   Output from 'gpg --check-sigs 0xDF5CE2B4' (only the relevant parts):

   pub   1024D/DF5CE2B4 2000-08-20
   uid                  Simon Huggins <huggie@blackcatnetworks.co.uk>
   sig!         0464E7E5 2003-08-25  Philip Hands (old PGP key) <phil@hands.com>
   sig!         DD9B9910 2003-08-25  Philip Hands <phil@hands.com>
   sig!2        20687895 2004-03-13  Daniel Silverstone (DOB: 1980-04-09) <dsilvers@digital-scurf.org>
   sig!3        3501E6C5 2003-04-21  Robert McQueen <robot101@debian.org>
   sig!3        84AD676C 2003-10-09  Scott James Remnant <scott@netsplit.com>
   sub   1024g/AE322146 2000-08-20
   sig!         DF5CE2B4 2000-08-20  Simon Huggins <huggie@blackcatnetworks.co.uk>

   Applicant writes:

   --8<-------------------------------------------------------->8---

   I'm 25, live in the UK and I'm half of www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk a UK
   based ISP that amongst other things holds domains for SPI such as
   debian.org.  Black Cat use Debian and Free software almost exclusively
   and even have our own internal Debian packages of our systems that I
   help maintain.

   I'd like to help with the packaging of Xfce 4 (as you'll know :)) as
   I've been doing this since the beginning of March now.  Once I get
   through NM hopefully we'll setup a more cooperative effort on alioth
   with a mailing list etc to discuss all the issues/coordinate efforts.
   My work with this so far has fulfilled the social contract including
   conversing with upstream about bugs/features in Xfce 4.

   --8<-------------------------------------------------------->8---

2. Philosophy and Procedures
----------------------------

   Simon demonstrated a good understanding of Debian's Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my Questions about the Social Contract,
   the DFSG, the BTS etc. and had hardly any problems with it.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------

   Simon is member of the group that is maintaining the Xfce4 packages for
   the Debian Software Distribution. He started to work on the packages a
   good while ago but did virtually all the work in the last months (one
   could probably say that he mostly adopted the packages from me). While
   doing work for Debian, he was sponsored either by Daniel Silverstone (
   <dsilvers@debian.org>) or by myself. While checking the changes which
   he made, neither Daniel nor me discovered grave problems, and if there
   were problems, Simon did his best to fix them as quickly as possible.

   His work on the Xfce4 packages has been an important factor for their's
   quality during the last months.

   Simon also answered my questions regarding T&S without problems.

   I recommend to accept Simon Huggins as a Debian Developer.

   Preferred account name: huggie
   Address to forward E-Mails to: huggie@earth.li

--
  .''`.   Martin Loschwitz           Debian GNU/Linux developer
 : :'  :  madkiss@madkiss.org        madkiss@debian.org