Re: Splitting P&P templates into two

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 01:46:38AM +0000, Helen Faulkner wrote:
> Given this, I think a better model for spacing the questions would be to
> send a NM applicant a few questions every couple of weeks, and to pay
> attention to whether they were able to fit in this workload with the rest
> of their life, whether they were able to sustain that level of workload for
> several months, and whether they were able to respond fairly quickly, in
> general, to a new piece of work appearing for them to do.   I think that is
> probably closer to what Debian actually needs from it's maintainers.
>
> This would of course involve a bit more work for the AMs, who would have to
> deal with more smaller interactions with their NM applicants...  But I am
> inclined to think that anyone who is prepared to read the pages and pages
> of stuff I have written in answer to the questions so far can probably find
> the time to send a few more small emails...

That is a disturbingly sensible idea.  It might actually be easier on the
AM, too -- I've gotten very behind with my applicants (apologies to them if
they're reading this) because it's very time consuming to go through a large
response e-mail, checking all of the answers off, and making responses where
appropriate -- and it's all too easy to end up getting half way through,
getting called away to do something, and then coming back and thinking "did
I check this all off right?" and going through it all again just to make
sure.

I think I might inflict this on one of my future applicants, just to see how
it works -- and I'll keep an eye on their average response times, too, just
for interest's sake.

- Matt