AM report for David Moreno Garza

AM report on David Moreno Garza
by Craig Small <csmall@debian.org>
==================================

My name is David Moreno Garza, I'm 20 years old, studying Computer and
Electronic Engineering at UIA, in Mexico City.

I started using Debian just a couple of years ago, introduced by some
friends in high school, and since then, I've seen a wonderful concept, a
nice ideology for knowledge, community and freedom.

I started helping Debian doing some translations to Spanish, specially
DWN, and the d-i installation manual. Also, I have several packages on the archive, aimed to desktop or mathematics related, which are the
areas where I work with in the real world. I'm helping also, with a
couple of Ruby packages, language I find pretty elegant and fun.

Recently, I started dcontrol subproject of Debian Desktop. dcontrol stands for Debian Control Center, where we are working to bring a
complete configuration panel for desktop/newbie users of Debian, which
we believe more work is needed. Lots of people are interested and
starting to help. The idea is to bring a tool unified for anything
configurable on a Debian system, without any pain.

What I plan to do for Debian also, is to work with the QA team, packing
desktop (specially GNOME) stuff and probably, in the future, support
organizing Debconf6 in Mexico. And, of course, keep on packing
interesting software and bringing it to Debian.

ID
---
GPG key signed by many, many developers.
ID check passed.

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------
Agrees to uphold Social Contrant and abide by DMUP.
Correctly answered P&P questions.
P&P check passed.

Tasks & Skills
--------------
Maintains sponsored packages gxmms, bastet, libgtk-trayicon-ruby,
libtermios-ruby, dlume, liferea, kipina and mathomatic.
I checked liferea and found it to be soundly built package.
Correctly answered T&S questions and could answer well about various
bugs he had.
T&S check passed.

Recommendation
I recommend that David be accepted as a Debian maintainer.

Debian login: damog
Forwarding email: damog@damog.net

--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/   MIEE         Debian developer