Report for new developer applicant Yutaka Niibe <gniibe@fsij.org>

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

pub  1024D/71D5F43A 2003-12-15 NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe@fsij.org>
sig!3       C2CE8099 2003-12-19   NOKUBI Takatsugu <knok@daionet.gr.jp>
sig!3       7BD22F74 2004-01-08   Anthony Y. P. Wong (Work) <anthony.wong@sw-linux.com>
sig!3       98FAA0AD 2004-02-03   Roger So <rogerso@spacehunt.info>
sig!3       71D5F43A 2003-12-15   NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe@fsij.org>
sub  1024g/F5B27A30 2003-12-15 [expires: 2008-12-13]
sig!        71D5F43A 2003-12-15   NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe@fsij.org>

Those are all Debian Developers.  ID check passed.

Applicant writes:

  Well, my little history.  It was 1988, when I first read GNU
  Manifest.  It was 1990, when I first sent bug report to RMS.  It was
  1992, when I knew Linux.  I became PLIP driver maintainer of Linux,
  it was 1993-1998.  I've ported Linux (kernel) to SuperH
  architecture, it was 1999, and maintained.  We established the Free
  Software Initiative of Japan in 2002.

  The reason I work for Free Software is, it is very important to our
  society, and I believe Free Software is the best way of cooperation.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------

   Yutaka has a very deep understanding of Debian Philosophy and
   Procedures.  He answered my questions in a good way, showing his
   commitment to Free Software.

3. Tasks and Skills

   Yutaka maintains gauche-gl, gauche-gtk, libchise and mcpp, which
   are all in good shape.  He also answered my other Questions
   regarding T&S without problems.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.

--
  .''`.
 ; ;' ;      Debian GNU/Linux     |   Benjamin Drieu