NM report for Fabian Fagerholm

Report for new developer applicant Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>

1. Identification & Background
- ------------------------------

~   Check with Keyid 0x964199E2

~   ID Check passed, Key signed from 1 existing DD, Florian Lohoff

~   Output from gpg --check-sigs 0x964199E2

pub  1024D/964199E2 2002-02-13 Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>
sig!        3B0BB9A9 2003-06-08   Teemu Hukkanen <tjhukkan@iki.fi>
sig!3       75BE8097 2003-06-08   Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
sig!3       964199E2 2002-02-13   Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>
sub  2048g/674B432D 2002-02-13
sig!        964199E2 2002-02-13   Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>

~   Applicant writes:

I'm a full-time student and a part-time entrepeneur. My decision to
start using GNU/Linux and free software was a conscious choice. After
switching from the Amiga family of computers, I had used another famous
and popular operating system. In less than two years I had become so
frustrated with it that I decided to switch to something that I could
gain more control and understanding of. Within one year, I had found
ways to do what I needed using a Linux-based system. Since that time,
I've learned more than I thought was possible by just looking at how the
system works. My choice to switch from my major subject of mass
communication at the University of Helsinki to computer science was
fueled by this, and by the fact that I had had the opportunity to start
my own company based on my knowledge.

So my experience is both theoretical and practical. The primary reason
for wanting to join the Debian Project is that I would like to give
something in return for the valuable software that Debian has provided
- -- software that my business or my studies could not have existed
without, and could not continue to exist without. Also, the spirit of
free software constantly reminds me that there are some important values
to be remembered in both personal and business transactions.

My initial intentions for Debian work is to package some useful software
and help doing QA and documentation work. Also, finding connections
between software packages and enabling them to work better in
combination with each other is a longer-term goal for me. For instance,
having a large set of packages that can make use of LDAP out of the box
would make Debian an even more attractive system to use. On the more
philosophical side, I believe my experience with deploying Debian in
small business settings may prove useful.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
- -----------------------------
~   Fabian Fagerholm has a good understanding of Debians Philosophy and
~   Procedures. He answered all my Questions about Social Contract,
~   DFSG, BTS etc. in a very good way.

3. Tasks and Skills
- -------------------
~   Fabian is also Maintainer of albatross that is already in Debian/main
~   He also answered my other Questions regarding T&S without problems.

4. Recommendation
~   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
~   Account: fabbe
~   Forward-Email: fabbe@paniq.net

- --
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.
<user> fajita: step two
<fajita> When in danger or in doubt, step two is to scream and shout.