[change@db.debian.org] set up MX record

Hi,

I point the debian.net DNS to mentors.debian.net.
(This is a site for NM folks, thus NM list copied.)

They want to run ML on that machine but some mailers seem to have problem
sending mail to address without MX record.  (Just to host name)

Naturally, I used guess work to set up MX through an undocumented mail
gateway method but it failed since there is no such functionarity.
(See below)

Currently I can only set up A and CNAME with debian.net domain.

Can we add this simple feature to debian.net?

I want both of following data supported.

mentors in mx 212.12.58.102
mentors in mx some.hostname.com.

Your help is most appreciated.

Osamu

PS:

Martin, although you pointed one of these mentors.debian.net folks to
contact me, I can not do much now. It looks like simple copy and paste
job for LDAP and DNS service code to accomodate it but I do not have
code access either...

----- Forwarded message from change@db.debian.org -----