AM Report for Joe Oppegaard

Report for new developer applicant Joe Oppegaard <joe@pidone.org>.

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
Check with key ID 0x272159F6:

ID Check passed, key signed by developer Marc Singer.

Output for keycheck.sh 0x272159F6

  Receiving and checking key
  pub  1024D/272159F6 2002-07-16 Joe Oppegaard <joe@pidone.org>
       Key fingerprint = 0BC0 FD18 098C 9B09 ABA6  52C7 BF7D 95EF 2721 59F6
  sig!3       272159F6 2004-04-11   Joe Oppegaard <joe@pidone.org>
  sig!3       272159F6 2004-03-02   Joe Oppegaard <joe@pidone.org>
  sig!2       2EAE5D2D 2004-04-18   Marc Singer <elf@buici.com>
  uid                            Joe Oppegaard <joe@radiojoe.org>
  uid                            Joe Oppegaard <joe@oppegaard.net>
  sig!3       272159F6 2004-03-02   Joe Oppegaard <joe@pidone.org>
  sig!2       2EAE5D2D 2004-04-18   Marc Singer <elf@buici.com>
  uid                            Joe Oppegaard <joe@joppegaard.com>
  sig!3       272159F6 2002-07-16   Joe Oppegaard <joe@pidone.org>
  sig!2       2EAE5D2D 2004-04-18   Marc Singer <elf@buici.com>
  sub  1024g/1BCE2F14 2002-07-16
  sig!        272159F6 2002-07-16   Joe Oppegaard <joe@pidone.org>

  Key is ok

Joe Oppegaard writes:

  One of my first loves in free software was Perl. Perl was the first
  language I spent a serious amount of time learning and in the process
  I was shown many of the benefits of free software. From CPAN to the
  local Perl Mongers meeting I learned that free software wasn't just
  about the obvious benefits that code freedom has for everyone, but
  also the community and human element surrounding the eclectic mix of
  active members and contributors of any project. I came for the
  freedom, but I stayed for the people.

  As all researchers, craftsmen, engineers, and artists have stood on
  the ground that their predecessors have laid, I'd like to help
  continue laying new ground and to keep improving on what our
  predecessors in free software have done.

  For the past two years I've been a Perl/PHP/MySQL programmer and
  systems administrator for a local company that exclusively uses free
  software for all of our server, and some of our desktop needs. In a
  few months I'll be starting at Washington State University, working
  toward my B.S. in Computer Science.

  For Debian I plan to continue maintaining the package I currently have
  in Debian that I also am upstream for, sysv-rc-conf. Since my main
  experience is with Perl and PHP, I intend to help with packaging
  related libraries, and fixing bugs in Perl or PHP related packages.
  Documentation is another part of Debian that I plan on contributing
  to, and am close to releasing a new project that I hope to get
  included with the Debian Documentation Project, dict-debian [1]. A
  dictionary for all Debian related terms. It currently builds to all
  regular formats such as html, but also builds to the dict format,
  ready to drop into your local dictd server.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
Joe has an excellent understanding of Debian's philosophy and
procedures.  He provided acceptable answers to all my questions about
the Social Contract, DFSG, and other Debianisms.