AM report for Thomas Schmidt <challenger-rip@web.de>

Report for new developer applicant Thomas Schmidt <thomas@thsnet.de>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0x0A327652:

   ID Check passed, Key signed from 3 existings DD, Michael Bramer (grisu),
   Alain Schroeder (alain), Andreas Tille (tille).

   Output from keycheck.sh 0x0A327652
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   pub  1024D/0A327652 2001-11-18 Thomas Schmidt <challenger-rip@web.de>
        Key fingerprint = F5A8 E22B 74F7 21C3 80A3  52AA 73DF 8DAB 0A32 7652
[...]
   uid                            Thomas Schmidt <thomas@thsnet.de>
   sig!3       0A327652 2001-11-18   Thomas Schmidt <challenger-rip@web.de>
   sig!3       0A327652 2001-11-18   Thomas Schmidt <challenger-rip@web.de>
   sig!3       258D8781 2003-04-06   Michael Bramer <michael@debsupport.de>
   sig!        B3C281F4 2003-08-24   Alain Schroeder <alain@parkautomat.net>
   sig!        C09FD35A 2002-09-16   Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>

   Applicant writes:
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I am 23 years old, living near Erfurt, Germany and i study computer
   science at the Tecnical University of Ilmenau. My first contact with
   computers was in 1991 with a C64, i got my first PC in 1996 and in
   late 1998 a schoolfriend told me about Linux and free software. Since
   that time i was very interested in the idea of free software, but my
   first own experiences with Linux (an evaluation version of SuSE 6.1)
   were not very successful. In late 1999 i started a second attempt to
   use Linux on one of my computers as OS for a gameserver. Since then i
   was using Linux regularly on my computers, and in early 2001 i had my
   first contact with Debian. As soon as i realized the various advantages
   (mainly the impressive package-managment) of Debian i did not want to
   use anything else.

   In summer 2002 i started to make Debian-Packages for the
   developerversion of vdr, the Video Disk Recorder -
   http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr/ , but i did not try to get
   these packages in the official archive. In late 2003 Andreas Mller
   took over maintainership of the orphaned vdr and he took my packages,
   since the i am in contact with him and i helped him fixing some bugs.

   In april this year i started the pkg-vdr-dvb-project on alioth to
   be able to improve the packages in a team, and at the moment we are
   adding most of the features of c't-vdr (a special Debian-based
   Distribution for vdr from the german c't-magazine) back to the
   official vdr-packages.

   In the moment my focus is the further improvement of the vdr and
   vdr-related packages in Debian, but i plan also to help in other parts
   of Debian, as far as my time allows.

   He also comaintains linuxtv-dvb-apps, vdr, vdr-plugin-bitstreamout,
   vdr-plugin-dvd and vdr-plugin-mp3.
   I found some of the usual little problems in vdradmin which he fixed
   quickly.
   He also answered my other Questions regarding T&S without problems.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account:       tschmidt
   Forward-Email: thomas@thsnet.de

Marc
--
$_=')(hBCdzVnS})3..0}_$;//::niam/s~=)]3[))_$(rellac(=_$({pam(esrever })e$.)4/3*
)e$(htgnel+23(rhc,"u"(kcapnu ,""nioj ;|_- |/+9-0z-aZ-A|rt~=e$;_$=e${pam tnirp{y